• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Heads up on Leupold Mark 5 Kestrel rebate submissions

redneckbmxer24

Four Star General
Minuteman
  • Jan 15, 2005
    Gulf Coast, FL
    Leupold is having some issues with the rebate submission page on their site, it kept kicking back my submission with an "error 45" code so I called and talked to the lady that handles the rebates. There's an issue with image size for the invoice and UPC uploads and they're working to increase the size.

If you're having trouble submitting yours try reducing the image size of your invoice and UPC picture pdf's or email your info, scope serial #, purchase date along with attached files of the invoice and UPC pics to [email protected].

Hope this helps those who might be having issues.

If you don't know about the promotion, Leupold is giving away a free Kestrel 5700 Hornady 4DOF ballistic weather meter with the purchase of any Leupold Mark 5 HD purchased from an authorized dealer (the gun.deals cheapest price drop shippers aren't gonna qualify) through March 15th.

If they announce a new reticle at SHOT, one that is more like the MR4, Gen III XR, MPCT, SKMR series and then I'd be interested.

No new reticle released at shot.
    Are you at the SHOW noob? What are the things that have stuck out for you as "interesting new gear"? When I saw your video for "triple leg" CkyePod I almost thought they had invented a portable tripod to attach to the rail section, I wonder if I could design something like that, the third leg is option so it can be used like a bipod but can extend to act as a full tripod...

Are you at the SHOW noob? What are the things that have stuck out for you as "interesting new gear"? When I saw your video for "triple leg" CkyePod I almost thought they had invented a portable tripod to attach to the rail section, I wonder if I could design something like that, the third leg is option so it can be used like a bipod but can extend to act as a full tripod...
    Sorry about the general post, I thought this was in the SHOT 2020 thread, didn't mean to derail.

Yup I’m at SHOT. If there’s anything you’d like to know about PM me.

I just submitted my rebate form today. Any idea on how long these are taking to process and ship? I know what their website says... I’m hoping folks are getting them sooner.

No new reticle released at shot.
    That's really helpful OP, I'm about to submit mine.

I don't like that they want me to cut the UPC out, that triggers the heck out of my OCD. I don't like the hacked up box

Last edited:
    i thought they discontinued the horus reticle and came out with one very similar. was told they did this specifically because they got tired of paying rights to use it.

No, not sure where you heard that but I think you’ve been misinformed. There’s a licensing fee per reticle to use the Horus reticle and that’s why the H59 and Tremor 3 cost $300 more, you’re paying the licensing fee.

Leupold and Horus did or does have a legal discrepancy, I don’t know the exact details but it might be over the CCH and/or Impact reticles. That doesn’t mean they’re being discontinued though and this is nothing new. It would be stupid for Leupold to not continue to offer reticles that consumers and gov contracts want, and it would be stupid for Horus to not accept that business and leave the legal disagreement on the side. At the end of the day it’s business and they’d both be shooting themselves in the foot to not continue doing business.

I just got two Tremor 3 Mark 5’s, and Euro Optic has more on order with Leupold.

Well it only took them a week to process and accept my paperwork. Now the 4-6 week wait for shipping. Hopefully it is sooner.

Has anyone tried to get the kestrel offer from a scope purchased on a 50% off certificate? My scope is supposed to be here on Monday.

How long after submission did you guys get notified it was excepted?

I sent mine electronically a couple weeks ago and haven't heard anything. I'm wondering if I grabbed the wrong number off the sticker for my serial number.

It wasn't clear to me which of those numbers was the serial number from the sticker

I got confirmation of it being submitted within 30 minutes.

I got confirmation it was submitted, but not accepted or anything was right or wrong. There were several steps and I wasn't sure which number was the right one to grab off the sticker. Hopefully they'll let me know if I got the wrong one

Anyone order from Liberty Optics and get the kestrel? I spoke with Scott and he says they can't deny him based on the requirements they list.

Anyone order from Liberty Optics and get the kestrel? I spoke with Scott and he says they can't deny him based on the requirements they list.

Waiting on a mk5 from him and I'll submit for the kestrel then. I asked and he said you can get the kestrel if you buy from him.

Waiting on a mk5 from him and I'll submit for the kestrel then. I asked and he said you can get the kestrel if you buy from him.
    That's what he told me also, but reading this if it's not a retail price it doesn't qualify.
    Which one did you order??

Attachments

• leupold-mark-5hd-promotions.pdf
      92 KB · Views: 87
    Well it only took them a week to process and accept my paperwork. Now the 4-6 week wait for shipping. Hopefully it is sooner.
    My shipping notification was less than two days from my approval, which was the next day after my submission. Three days from submit to ship ... very impressive. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the Kestrel. I already have the "Elite" with Applied Ballistics and a much bigger profile capacity. This rebate version only stores 3 gun profiles at a time ... that's not enough for me. I'll probably sell it when it arrives and offset the scope cost a bit.

My shipping notification was less than two days from my approval, which was the next day after my submission. Three days from submit to ship ... very impressive. Now I just need to figure out what to do with the Kestrel. I already have the "Elite" with Applied Ballistics and a much bigger profile capacity. This rebate version only stores 3 gun profiles at a time ... that's not enough for me. I'll probably sell it when it arrives and offset the scope cost a bit.
    Where did you purchase the scope from? Selling the Kestrel was also my plan.

That's what he told me also, but reading this if it's not a retail price it doesn't qualify.
    Which one did you order??

What do you mean retail price? Sorry if I'm missing it but all I see is that retailer receipt must be submitted.
    And I for the 7-35x56

What do you mean retail price? Sorry if I'm missing it but all I see is that retailer receipt must be submitted.
    And I for the 7-35x56
    I talked to Leupold a couple days ago and they told me it had to be purchased at full retail price. I know I seen it printed somewhere but it doesn't say that on the requirements I just posted.

I talked to Leupold a couple days ago and they told me it had to purchased at full retail price. I know I seen it printed somewhere but it doesn't say that on the requirements I just posted.

I didn't pay full retail or even full MAP and I had two Kestrels show up last week from the rebates I submitted 4 weeks ago.

I talked to Leupold a couple days ago and they told me it had to be purchased at full retail price. I know I seen it printed somewhere but it doesn't say that on the requirements I just posted.
    Retail prices vary (by a lot). That would be an impossible policy for Leupold to govern.

Retail prices vary (by a lot). That would be an impossible policy for Leupold to govern.

No, they have MAP (minimum advertised price) but that doesn't mean a dealer can't sell it to you for less, they just cant advertise it for less. You have to send them a copy of your receipt/invoice with the rebate submission so they will know what you paid. Like I said though, I did not pay full MAP through Euro Optic and submitted one rebate the day I posted this ad and then another a few days later both with copies of my invoices showing what I paid and I received both of my Kestrels last week.

No, they have MAP (minimum advertised price) but that doesn't mean a dealer can't sell it to you for less, they just cant advertise it for less. You have to send them a copy of your receipt/invoice with the rebate submission so they will know what you paid. Like I said though, I did not pay full MAP through Euro Optic and submitted one rebate the day I posted this ad and then another a few days later both with copies of my invoices showing what I paid and I received both of my Kestrels last week.
    EXACTLY ... good local retailers will know how to take care of good customers with regard to this offer.

Mine just shipped from Liberty Optics and should arrive late next week. I’ll submit the rebate and update with the results.

Same here. Mine should be here early next week so I'll give it a shot and update.

Reactions: dirthead1
    Well crap idk what to do know, I can get a 7-35 mark5hd cch new from an authorized dealer for 1800 shipped. I’m afraid to do it if I can’t get the rebate. Because I can get it cheaper with the Vip program.

Want to sell it/trade it?

Last edited:
    The rules say nothing about how much you have to pay to get the rebate. Just says authorized dealers- excluding some that probably get discounts of their own from Leupold. Why do you think you'll not be approved?

T&Cs of rebate...

To receive your Kestrel 5700 with Hornady 4DOF:

Purchase any Leupold Mark 5HD and receive a free Kestrel 5700 with Hornady 4DOF. Go to www.leupold.com/rebates, select qualifying rebate offer and complete the online rebate submission by uploading a complete image of the original online or retailer receipt, including date of purchase, price, and an image of the original (copies not accepted) UPC barcode completely detached from the product packaging.

Offer valid January 13th, 2020 - March 15th, 2020 and only in the USA. All redemptions must be submitted by April 15th. Void where taxed, restricted, or prohibited. P.O. Boxes will not be processed. Allow eight to ten weeks for processing and shipping of the Kestrel 5700 with Hornady 4DOF. Submissions by clubs or organizations will not be honored. Limited to one offer per submission and two offers per name/ household/address. Resellers of Leupold products excluded. Purchases made through Expertvoice, Guidefitter, Wholesalers, Distributors, and Leupold VIP discount programs are not eligible for this offer. This rebate may not be combined with any other offers or coupons affecting the same product. No exchanges or returns. Leupold reserves the right to confirm identification. Fraudulent submissions could result in federal prosecution under statute 18 USC, sections 1341 and 1342. Leupold may change the terms, conditions, and duration of this offer at any time without notice. Subject to product availability; quantities limited. Pre-orders, rain checks, and/or backordered products will not be honored. No exceptions. Offer has no cash redemption value.

I was ready to pull the trigger and purchase from Liberty Optics but come across a deal on a used but like new 3.6-18 that I just couldn't pass on. I was going to sell the kestrel anyway to recoup some coin but now I won't have to deal with the hassel.

Update:

I received the Mark 5 that was ordered from Liberty Optics this morning and submitted the rebate through Leupold's website. Leupold sent an email that I've copied and pasted below. I'll post another update once they confirm if the rebate submission was accepted or not.

Leupold email:

"Thank you for submitting your rebate application. Please retain copies of all your rebate submission credentials for your records. Allow 2-3 weeks for your rebate submission to be reviewed and processed. Once processed, you will be notified whether your rebate submission meets all the terms and conditions and be provided a delivery ETA if applicable. "

Both rebates I submitted (had to email them in due to website not working the first week the rebate was live) I got emails back within and hour saying that it had been entered and then later the same day I got another email saying it was accepted and would ship in 4-6 weeks.

Both rebates I submitted (had to email them in due to website not working the first week the rebate was live) I got emails back within and hour saying that it had been entered and then later the same day I got another email saying it was accepted and would ship in 4-6 weeks.
    The bolded part has not been my experience. I received the first email, but have not yet received an update as to the status. Submitted Feb 18.