• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hearing on gun rights in Austin, TX Feb 26th: Who is coming with me?

QuickNDirty

NaN
Minuteman
Apr 26, 2013
location location location
1579756188384.png

NEWS FLASH and SAVE THE DATE: The next TX legislative hearing on gun issues is Austin, Feb. 26 (Wed.) 10am (likely all day)

This is DIFFERENT than the other hearings, y'all!

1. Instead of being the select committee set up by

...and...

2. Instead of being chaired by Joan Huffman (who has been VERY UNFRIENDLY to liberty and gun rights), it is chaired by Sen. Bryan Hughes, who is MUCH more in tune with the right to keep and bear arms.

...and...

3. Instead of being about gun control ideas, it is a POSITIVE 2A-friendly charge:

~ "Examine Second Amendment legislation passed since the 84th Legislative Session including open carry, campus carry, and lowering the license to carry fee.

~ Determine the impact these laws have made on furthering and protecting Second Amendment rights.

~ Make recommendations that may further protect and enhance Texans' Second Amendment right to bear arms."

Is that enough reasons for you to show up? See you there!

More details about GOA event page, prep meeting, & talking points to come! For now . . . save the date and spread the word!

(P.S. Public testimony is 3 minutes per person. Start planning yours now!)

LINK to OFFICIAL NOTICE: https://www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/86R/schedules/html/C5702020022610001.HTM

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200122-215152.png
    Screenshot_20200122-215152.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:
IMO, this should stay on the front page.

People may think TX is immune but it's not.

Reactions: Crang
I would say that in Texas there is a pretty good chance showing up & talking will help.
We have had good success convincing many lawmakers of the need for freedom and liberty (if they would like to keep their jobs).

We've got a lot of pretty articulate polis that are pushing for ideas like Constitutional Carry and the like. With Abbott and Patrick toying around with the idea of ERPOs and "universal background checks", I found it fitting to respond to Texans for Greg Abbott's calls for more money, with the line: "Y'all ain't getting shit from me if you're the sort that'd infringe on my rights." -- to paraphrase a bit.

It seems possible to me for TX to be a constitutional carry state. Now ain't the time to be a pussy about it, though.

If you've got something to say, this is a pretty good time to speak up.

Reactions: SkyScrapin
There is another thread where the Sheriffs of New Mexico counties said they would refuse ti enforce red flag laws. They made a difference. Speaking with local law enforcement seems to be better time spent. Same for Virginia.

Reactions: QuickNDirty
My county (Bell in central TX) seems to be very 2A friendly and overall conservative in nature. I just hope it stays that way and I will work to keep it that way by supporting and working for like minded candidates.