• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hearing protection+ coms?

Lunabear

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2018
Omaha, Ne
Hey guys not sure if this belongs here. If I need to move it let me know.

looking to see what everyone recommends for earmuffs with a walkie talkie function or some way to talk to others? My purpose is that I will be working with my father running chainsaws on a semi remote 300+ acre property but not close to eachother clear cutting some dense timber. I’m not looking for the latest greatest thing as I’m not looking to spend a fortune but that being said if I’m gonna have to spend money I’d like it to be functional and actually useable.

ive looked at the walkers muffs with the walkie attachment but after reading reviews on the walkie it’s how shall we say, less than comforting, as to the quality. Any recommendations are welcome. Looking for a system that can have 3 or more headsets that offer hearing protection and communication between them. Thanks in advance

not sure of the specifics, but Peltor/3M has some muffs with communications capabilities - at worst with an external radio plugged in.

• buy a cheap ham radio (yeasu ft60 is my recommendation)
  • buy a speaker mic for the radio with a 3.5mm headphone out port
  • buy any set of electronic ear muffs that accept a 3.5mm input jack
ear muffs plug into speaker mic.....speak mic plugs into the radio......you have a half decent comms set up on the cheap.