• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

HEARTWARMING: 2 year old Michigan girl who got lost in the woods found SAFE by civilian search party volunteer. Sleeping on family dog as pillow.

Blue Sky Country

Urban Cowboy
Minuteman
  • FAITHORN, MENOMINEE COUNTY, MICHIGAN. SEPTEMBER 21, 2023.

Two year old Thea Chase wandered out of her backyard with two family dogs accompanying her around 8:00 PM when the rapidly approaching autumn darkness overtook her, leaving the child stranded in the woods. Initially, Thea's parents ran into the woods, shouting Thea's name at the top of their lungs and calling for the dogs who would have responded if they had heard, but the forest was incredibly thick and the rapidly descending night had turned the tangled trees and undergrowth into a solid wall of blackness. Following the frantic phone call made by Thea's parents, a massive force of state troopers, local police, game and fish authorities, and civilian volunteers mobilized by the red alert responded, scouring the woods for Thea. Four hours later around midnight, despite the army of drones, officers, and elite K-9 units deployed by the police, a civilian outdoorsman who volunteered on the search team, riding an ATV and bathing the area with high lumen lights, discovered little Thea safe and sound. She was sound asleep, her head resting on the smaller dog as a furry pillow while the other dog stood guard over them and alerted the ATV rider when his lights approached.

2 year old Thea Chase recreates scene of how she slept and kept warm on one of the accompanying family dogs.

NYPICHPDPICT000043820066-1.jpg

A FAMILY REUNITED.

NYPICHPDPICT000043819281.jpg

ARTICLE:

People here go well beyond the basic helping hand. Truly an awesome community

hafejd30
    Menominee County MI

I Live 10 miles from Faithhorn. On FD/SD that we’re involved in search. Unfortunately I was working and could not assist that night

We generally have more volunteers than requested and some businesses even send employees in lieu of working to help search

People here go well beyond the basic helping hand. Truly an awesome community

hafejd30
    Menominee County MI

I Live 10 miles from Faithhorn. On FD/SD that we’re involved in search. Unfortunately I was working and could not assist that night

We generally have more volunteers than requested and some businesses even send employees in lieu of working to help search

A community this united, is a community that cannot be conquered, subjugated, or subverted.

This needs to be the model for the whole country. Starting with 2A Sanctuaries and neighborhood level committees of vigilance. We can start running the active model of this system right here on the Hide. Any members who are aware of a BOLO, Amber Alert, any type of emergency in their locality posts it immediately under a capitalized post header of BOLO, RED ALERT, etc. Other members in the area will also see it and propagate the alert and notify other base level residents who may have the supplies, technical abilities, etc., to assist in the alert.

It will also GREATLY expand the Hide, and the Pit, as a top priority central situational dashboard on the Web and the RKBA community as a whole, for instant local emergency and approaching dangers awareness and updates.

Secure the base level, and it cannot be penetrated by any subverting entities acting from the top, and internationally as well. There cannot be any Lahainas anymore. That was a situation that called for a committee of vigilance response to clear an escape path and arrange immediate evacuation plans, and from some of the reports I've seen, a response backed up by force of arms as well to warn those entities that were intentionally hindering efforts, and if warnings are not sufficient, the next level which I will not further elaborate and we all know what it entails.

Was born in Iron Mountain, some steep dense and rugged terrain.
    One again good neighbors and a tight community come to the rescue.
    And I couldn’t imagine raising kids without dogs in the house . Not only for protection but how else would the young learn about unquestioning loyalty, best friends and their own responsibilities- as proper care and feeding of the 4 legged best friends?

Last edited:
    Awesome that she was found OK.

But c'mon dogs... Lassie would have built a lean-to and a fire, sent out a morse-signal, cooked a three-course dinner and simultaneously gotten Timmy out of a nearby well while knitting a onesie for the 2-year-old.

Lying there as a pillow? No Rin Tin Tin or Littlest Hobo TV series contract for you, Rover. But maybe that My Pillow guy will hire you for a spot. So there is that.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Maybe I missed something but I have to wonder who the hell leaves their 2yo child unattended outside like that.
    I can't imagine leaving a child that age unattended inside.....
    Glad she was found safe and sound.

Having a small child at home REQUIRES an entirely new mindset and level of attentiveness almost on par with being in combat. Every little thing that can go wrong in the span of SECONDS can present extremely harmful or lethal threats to the child. The parents could have just had a pot boil over in the kitchen, Mom getting a slight burn from a random boiling water droplet flying out of the pot and Dad rushing in to make sure she is okay, and Thea, playing in the doorway that led into the backyard, somehow saw something in the woods that drew her attention, maybe a red cardinal flying past, and decided to wander after it. If there had been a filled pool or deep stream in the way, THAT case could have become a TRAGEDY. Children MUST be monitored and someone always on standby to prevent accidents. There is no margin of error when it comes to the safety of children. Think about all of the things that could have KILLED us growing up. Electrical sockets, stairs, active driveways, medications that another family member takes, windows, etc... We are here because somebody had been there to shield us from all these things when we were at an age that we did not know better. Even if a pot is boiling over or a turkey in the oven is smoking, children have to be secured first or somebody else who is responsible and alert to make sure they are secure. I would much rather have an infinite number of dishes in the oven/on the stove completely blackened and charred beyond salvage, than turning off a stove and wiping up a mess for a few seconds only to find a child drowned in a bathtub moments later. There are WAY too many horror stories involving just that...

Last edited:
    Reactions: Lange Carabine
    Having a small child at home REQUIRES an entirely new mindset and level of attentiveness almost on par with being in combat. Every little thing that can go wrong in the span of SECONDS can present extremely harmful or lethal threats to the child. The parents could have just had a pot boil over in the kitchen, Mom getting a slight burn from a random boiling water droplet flying out of the pot and Dad rushing in to make sure she is okay, and Thea, playing in the doorway that led into the backyard, somehow saw something in the woods that drew her attention, maybe a red cardinal flying past, and decided to wander after it. If there had been a filled pool or deep stream in the way, THAT case could have become a TRAGEDY. Children MUST be monitored and someone always on standby to prevent accidents. There is no margin of error when it comes to the safety of children. Think about all of the things that could have KILLED us growing up. Electrical sockets, stairs, active driveways, medications that another family member takes, windows, etc... We are here because somebody had been there to shield us from all these things when we were at an age that we did not know better. Even if a pot is boiling over or a turkey in the oven is smoking, children have to be secured first or somebody else who is responsible and alert to make sure they are secure. I would much rather have an infinite number of dishes in the oven/on the stove completely blackened and charred beyond salvage, than turning off a stove and wiping up a mess for a few seconds only to find a child drowned in a bathtub moments later. There are WAY too many horror stories involving just that...

Sadly, too many 'parents' (who should be educated enough to know better... though maybe that's their issue), consider Children to be a fashion accessory.

"Oh, look we want to make sure everyone sees our little sperm demon at the four-star restaurant we used to eat at when we had no kids." "Of course we're going to take a 3-month-old on a plane trip to Bimini like we did when we had no kids... the Instagram pictures are going to be amazing." "Listen to how loud our little sprog screams... he is the best screamer... isn't everyone in this movie theater so impressed with how great his little lungs are?"

Blue Sky is 100 percent right... children are an utter change in lifestyle. Not like that 'test puppy' you got. Not like having a cat. They change everything.

But too many couples seem to think they are a new way to accessorize their glam lifestyle.

Living in a resort town and travelling a lot, it is incredible what you see... You need a license to drive a car... or for your dog... or to get married. But your special little crotch goblin... well breed away! And don't worry, you should hike to the top of a mountain in changing weather conditions with your preemie in a haversack... the Facebook post will be so worth it!

Sirhr

Any parent who says they have not had a “lost kid panic” at least once is not being honest. Add to that the number of parents here who let their child be educated by the state and perhaps those without sin should cast the first stone. The dogs were also provided by the parents.

Reactions: schmi015
    To do what, exactly?

They are trained well to protect the family and they shone in this time of need. Or he meant that the dogs were also cared for and fed by the parents, and not some state entity. In any case, both dogs and parents done their duty to the maximum. It may have been a slip up, human error, Murphy's Law, but all parties acted immediately to resolve the situation. The mother was on the phone with the police while they were shouting for Thea and the dogs.

Reactions: UKDslayer
    FAITHORN, MENOMINEE COUNTY, MICHIGAN. SEPTEMBER 21, 2023.

Two year old Thea Chase wandered out of her backyard with two family dogs accompanying her around 8:00 PM when the rapidly approaching autumn darkness overtook her, leaving the child stranded in the woods. Initially, Thea's parents ran into the woods, shouting Thea's name at the top of their lungs and calling for the dogs who would have responded if they had heard, but the forest was incredibly thick and the rapidly descending night had turned the tangled trees and undergrowth into a solid wall of blackness. Following the frantic phone call made by Thea's parents, a massive force of state troopers, local police, game and fish authorities, and civilian volunteers mobilized by the red alert responded, scouring the woods for Thea. Four hours later around midnight, despite the army of drones, officers, and elite K-9 units deployed by the police, a civilian outdoorsman who volunteered on the search team, riding an ATV and bathing the area with high lumen lights, discovered little Thea safe and sound. She was sound asleep, her head resting on the smaller dog as a furry pillow while the other dog stood guard over them and alerted the ATV rider when his lights approached.

2 year old Thea Chase recreates scene of how she slept and kept warm on one of the accompanying family dogs.

NYPICHPDPICT000043820066-1.jpg

A FAMILY REUNITED.

NYPICHPDPICT000043819281.jpg

ARTICLE:

Gotta hand it to those Rott's. They are a very loyal beast. I know. I've had a couple. Dogs went wherever I went. Glad she was found and found safe and well. Mac(y)(y)

They are trained well to protect the family and they shone in this time of need. Or he meant that the dogs were also cared for and fed by the parents, and not some state entity. In any case, both dogs and parents done their duty to the maximum. It may have been a slip up, human error, Murphy's Law, but all parties acted immediately to resolve the situation. The mother was on the phone with the police while they were shouting for Thea and the dogs.
    Bull hooey. Well trained dogs maybe, parents, far from it.
    If the parents had done their duty to the max there wouldn't have been a situation to resolve.
    Youre just making excuses for her shitty parents.

Bull hooey. Well trained dogs maybe, parents, far from it.
    If the parents had done their duty to the max there wouldn't have been a situation to resolve.
    Youre just making excuses for her shitty parents.

This was a lesson learned by everybody. A life lesson. I truly hope they will come out of this striving to do their best for their little one from now on.

I live in Michigan and I'd be willing to bet everything I have, that weed playing an integral part in the story. The kiddo should be staying with a family member until the parents have been investigated. That pup is the best parental figure in that child's life currently.

There's something fishy about this whole thing.
    Supposedly the little girl wandered off from her back yard around 8 pm and was found 4 hours later at around midnight.....sound asleep.....three miles away.
    Does anyone else besides me find it hard to believe that a 2yo toddler could cover that distance through a forest described as being "incredibly thick" mostly in the dark in that amount of time? Even less if you take into account she was sound asleep when found and in all likelihood had been for some time.

Supposedly the little girl wandered off from her back yard around 8 pm and was found 4 hours later at around midnight.....sound asleep.....three miles away.
    Does anyone else besides me find it hard to believe that a 2yo toddler could cover that distance through a forest described as being "incredibly thick" mostly in the dark in that amount of time? Even less if you take into account she was sound asleep when found and in all likelihood had been for some time.
    Exaggerated distance to enhance the story. It sells

Awesome that she was found OK.

But c'mon dogs... Lassie would have built a lean-to and a fire, sent out a morse-signal, cooked a three-course dinner and simultaneously gotten Timmy out of a nearby well while knitting a onesie for the 2-year-old.

Lying there as a pillow? No Rin Tin Tin or Littlest Hobo TV series contract for you, Rover. But maybe that My Pillow guy will hire you for a spot. So there is that.

Cheers,

Sirhr

There’s lots of deer trails and what not. I don’t know the details but it wouldn’t be hard in my mind here for a kid to follow her pups that far. We’re talking less than 1 mph walking

Reactions: Lange Carabine