• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes heatseekins review

dontstrokeme

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 5, 2007
Port Angeles, WA
Fans of Seekins Precesion please reply to this thread as to mark this for the searches in the future.

I am 100% aware now that you do get what you pay for with rings, I have been running Burris Extremes on my 270WSM untill I could afford better. On my new rifle build I went with 30mm so needed new rings....wanted the smooth look of Seekins rings, got a little tired of the 1/2" Utillitarian Nut hanging out.

Glen Seekins rings are in a different world quality wise, fit, finish, smoothness of threads, even the quality of the screw heads. 100% better than the Burris, they worked but nowhere near the quality.

Purpose of this post is to try to get a good hit for the search engines. Because there aren't alot of close up pics comparing brands.

100_4216.jpg

100_4217.jpg

100_4218.jpg

100_4219.jpg

100_4221.jpg

100_4222.jpg

100_4223.jpg

100_4224.jpg

100_4225.jpg

100_4229.jpg

heatseekins, Glen Seekins, Seekins Precision

Re: heatseekins review

Can anyone tell me the exact deciding factor to never buy another make of rings is.......
confused.gif

100_4227.jpg

100_4228.jpg

Also big thanks to Scott at Liberty Optics for distrubuting to me!
wink.gif

Glens rings are second to none, love the design and the fit/finish!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whose this Seakings guy you all are doting over?
wink.gif
</div></div>

some Gun Nut that lives in the Hills in Idaho..
grin.gif

I have the Seekins rings in 34mm and a 20 MOA SA rail and another rail like it with 30mm rings coming from Scott soon. There are some other good ones out there but I have nothing but good things to say about the fit, finish and engineering of Seekin's products. Glen also went out of his way to help me with a design issue for a rail-mounted accessory I'm working on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chiller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">GO head to head with anyone in the game.... </div></div>

Leave your sex life out of it, what do you think of Glen's rings?

I think all other rings that cost as much or more are overrated compared to Seekins. I got my first set by accident on a rifle I bought and in the 18 months since then have put Seekins on all my precision rifles and our department rifles are slowly being converted to them as well.

All buisness,no fluff. TJR

Don't stop with his rings...ALL of Glen's products are made with the same innovative design and attention to detail.

I recently bought my first Seekins products, a 20moa base and 30mm rings. I couldn't be happier with the quality, fit and finish of the product. I will definitely use them again.

Well for me the final kicker was the hand written serial numbers....."L728" hand scribed on each rail lug....wow.....

I have a pair of the 34mm for my premier and a couple of the bases. It is good stuff, very good stuff. Also, on the rings, they are a little thicker than what alot of the other manufactures are. This means a little more clamping surface for similar rings. They also have a recoil lug on the bases. Just little things that add up to a very good set up.

Not only am I a genuine fan of Seekins but a friend as well. Living in the same town I get to spend a few hours in the shop every week.

Glen tries exceptionally hard to make sure that when a product leaves Seekins Precision it is primo. I have personally seen Glen scrap rings that the average guy would have thought perfectly acceptable ... but Glen knew better. I am really excited for them in the transition into the new facility. With the additional room and opportunity to up production there are great things to come.

Cant go wrong with Seekins!