• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heavy AR10 Rifle Buffers...and BCG's

Earnhardt

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 8, 2018
In regards to WSM AR's...
OK, I know about HeavyBuffer's 10 oz buffer
As well as KAK's 9.3 oz buffer (I use them)
I've used the google-foo, and I can't find anyone who makes a heavier buffer...
Does any one make a tungsten buffer housing? Or is that too brittle?
Any way to increase the total weight of an already weighted buffer?

How about a JP-VMOS Heavy BCG? They are about 1.5 oz heavier than a standard BCG correct?

Bottom line is I'm looking to add weight to the reciprocating mass to slow down the bolt a little more
Yes, I have Adj gas blocks and magnum gas systems

Thanks

Could you buy tungsten weights and add to what you already have?
The KAK buffer has a max of 5 tungsten buffer weights in it.
Since the HeavyBuffer is only .7 oz heavier, the extra .7 oz in weight might come from the stainless steel housing?...

Use the heaviest XH buffer Clint makes, then add a Tubb Carrier Weight System or Tony's carrier weight to the carrier.

1628606323044.png

There's a fella named Hoot who will make you a 4-ounce lead carrier slug for $10:

1628606707635.png

If you have money to burn, JP makes a full one-pound bolt carrier group:

1628607361285.png

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity -- are you shooting a Remington Short Action Ultra Mag or a Winchester?

Last edited:
I wish Tubbs still made the CWS... super easy way to add up to 4oz to a BCG.

( Just be mindful of the slight additional OAL to the BCG , the CWS adds , for those of you with tight bolt face to bolt catch tolerance's )

Reactions: sinister
Is there a "norm" {certain weight} for the 308 AR buffer you seek ?
i think the one filled from my AR 15 hit 14.2 oz.. Running 24.0 of N-140 with 75 & 77's functions OK, Need a break in the 100 + * temps. before I feel like going to play

At 14.9 OZ, the brass was only getting thrown about 1' from the upper
It was funny how slow the BCG was moving....just what I wanted
So, I changed the weights around and added some rubber weight spacers between the buffer weights. It's now 12.10 oz
The brass is now thrown about 3' from the upper, with the entire BCG moving at a nice speed
After adding the tank brake, (a brake on a WSM LR308 greatly effects action cycling), I was able to tune the cycling with the Adj gas block.
The 2 Frankenstein WSM uppers are running smooth now, even with hotter loads

Thanks guys!

• Love
Reactions: sinister