• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heavy bullets in the 300 wsm

MShort

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2008
Wa
I recently acquired a 300 wsm built on a Mack Bros TI SA and was curious if anyone had played with heavy bullets in a short action. My rifle uses accurate mags so I can seat to about 2.965”

Any advice on bullets or kids that worked well in your SA is appreciated.

I recently acquired a 300 wsm built on a Mack Bros TI SA and was curious if anyone had played with heavy bullets in a short action. My rifle uses accurate mags so I can seat to about 2.965”

What twist is your barrel?

How heavy are you thinking?

I believe it is a 1:9 twist and was hoping to be able to shoot a 200+ grain bullet
Well you have plenty of twist for 200-230’s

208 Eldm
63.5 H4831sc
Cci250
2.950 oal
Hornady brass

It’s a pretty light load but it shoots one hole groups in any custom rifle I’ve tried them in. Knocks the shit out of elk too.

Anyone got a good load on their rifle for a 200+ bullet? I’m seriously leaving to the Berger 200.20x but may try the 200 eld as well