• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heavy duty Bi-pod

79steeler

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 16, 2012
    Hey guys I'm looking for a heavy duty Bi-bod for my 19lb. .300 Win Mag. This is an ELR rig and I need it to be rock steady. Does anyone have any experiance with the Elite Iron Revolution Bi-pod? What about the new Atlas? My old atlas just seems too flimsy and has too much play. Thanks for any suggestions or comments.

The new Atlas CAL is great. I just got mine in the mail a week or so ago. That being said I would love to have an Elite Iron. The are just in anther price range all together.

Check out the Long Range Accuracy Light Tactical. Eurooptics sells them. Pricey but very stable.
    +1
    Have loved my LRA for >7 years. Super well built, easy to use, tough as hell. Worth the money if you are looking for a long-term solution.
    Add the Hawk Hill talon feet for the complete unit.

Have you considered the fclass type bipods? The pheonix, Dublin, JoyPod are all viable options also.

In the last month I bought the Pheonix, JoyPod, and 5H. They are all super solid. If you can setup a smooth surface to put the bipod on, the JoyPod is awesome!

I picked up the Elite Iron Revolution yesterday and will report back after mounting and shooting. Built like a tank and has aggresive feet right out of the box.

I picked up the Elite Iron Revolution yesterday and will report back after mounting and shooting. Built like a tank and has aggresive feet right out of the box.

Please do...I am thinking of replacing my 5H with that one. Can you elaborate which one you purchased? They have 3 models

I was going to buy an elite iron but it looked like it wasn't going to work with the short desert tech barrels so I bought an LRA f class bipod. It showed up yesterday and feels solid.

Bought the Elite Iron initially for my 338LM. Liked it so much I bought adapters for some of my other rifles. Absolutely rock solid and the best bipod I ever used.

So I went to mount the Elite Iron Bi-Pod on my .300 win mag. This rifle was built by Jeff Gorgon at Short Action Customs and it's a hammer. The Bi-Pod did not fit the Mcmillian Stock, because of the location of the Picatinny rail. I called Elite Iron and spoke to Dave you was one of the inventors of the Bi-Pod and he was super nice and said that if I could send him some pictures and take a couple measurments that he would get out to me a high and longer than normal offset and that should work for me. They shipped the part out quickly and I am awaiting arrival. Looking forward to getting it on the rifle. Worse case senario I may have to attach a longer Picatinny rail to underside of the rifle stock, maybe an inch longer. I will report back. Great customer service and the bi-pod feels rock solid and very high quality.

So I went to mount the Elite Iron Bi-Pod on my .300 win mag. This rifle was built by Jeff Gorgon at Short Action Customs and it's a hammer. The Bi-Pod did not fit the Mcmillian Stock, because of the location of the Picatinny rail. I called Elite Iron and spoke to Dave you was one of the inventors of the Bi-Pod and he was super nice and said that if I could send him some pictures and take a couple measurments that he would get out to me a high and longer than normal offset and that should work for me. They shipped the part out quickly and I am awaiting arrival. Looking forward to getting it on the rifle. Worse case senario I may have to attach a longer Picatinny rail to underside of the rifle stock, maybe an inch longer. I will report back. Great customer service and the bi-pod feels rock solid and very high quality.

Have this adapter for the Elite Iron bipod installed on two McM A5's. Score High Gunsmiths did a beautiful job inletting the stock and attaching the adapter.
    IMG_1141.JPG
    IMG_1138.JPG

How are you liking the Elite Iron? Is it rock solid? Does that setup in anyway obstuct your view thru the scope?

Best bipod I have ever used and rock solid. Used it the second time I took the Gunsite XLR class and was a game changer. No obstruction of view through the scope.

Extentesion came from Elite Iron today. Great customer service. Here are some pics. It worked on my Mcmillian stock. So for future referance guys if you have this stock order your Elite Iron Bi-bod with a High offset and extended.

Having trouble posting pics. Sorry guys. I will have to figure this shit out.

Have any of you seen the Protean Innovations bipod? I saw them at a gun show and spoke to the owner and they are made in the U.S., California as a matter of fact. There function is great and very easy to deploy for those looking for a fast deployment option.

https://www.proteaninnovations.com/contact-us/

If you haven't already, check out the line of accutac bipods over at accuracysolutions.com. I know there are quite a few ELR shooters who have spoken highly of the F-class models and the HD-50's. I think the HD-50 is the one that the Ritter and Stark shooters used at the world record shoot before shot show. They also offer a discount to snipers hide guys if you shoot them an email. Pairs good with the BipodeXt extension too for ELR shooting.