• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Precision Rifle Gear Heavy duty pants

Reload10

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 21, 2018
I work outside all year, and usually have worn Ariat Rebar pants. I've found they are heavy duty and wear well, however the rear pocket tears super easily leading to a hole.
What canvas style heavy duty pants are you guys using successfully? Flexibility is also important, so super stiff ones are not what I'm looking for. Thanks

I've had some la police gear operators for about 11 years now and they've held up. They're like bdu's but more pockets. Gotta watch it though they changed the name i bought some new ones and they lasted 3 months

I am interested in trying a pair of Alec Steels new pants once I hear some reviews about them. They defiantly look promising.

The TD Braddock pants were my go to out door pants......till I gained my covid 20 and they don't fit anymore. Getting my shit together so I can get back into my favorite gear

I work outside all year, and usually have worn Ariat Rebar pants. I've found they are heavy duty and wear well, however the rear pocket tears super easily leading to a hole.
What canvas style heavy duty pants are you guys using successfully? Flexibility is also important, so super stiff ones are not what I'm looking for. Thanks
Mountain Khakis Camber 107s, classic fit.

They also just came out with a new camber tactical pant if you need more pockets.

I’ll second the Mountain Khakis. Can’t totally vouch for the long term just yet but the outlook is promising. Can’t get over the fit. Not too baggy and not too slim. Not a stretchy pant but the active cut works.

Mountain Khakis seem to be working pretty good for me and they have decent deals on GovX.
I was underwhelmed with Vertx pants. I bought a few pairs and they wore out even faster then my 5.11's.

Have a look at Mascot workwear....It really depends on your fit preference from that point on.
I have this pair.
I've used them for SAR work, 3gun matches and multiway Field-type matches.
Cotton Poly blend will last longer and feel better than 100% cotton canvas.

Reactions: Jimichanga
another option, although not canvas, is railriders. mostly nylon but tough as nails and varying weights. check out the weatherpants.

Thanks for all the replies! Got a few on order and will have to stop by the Duluth trading Co

Riggs by Wrangler

X2 on the Riggs. I've been doing these and the 5.11 something or other flavor.
For the price, the Riggs are an excellent option. The 5.11's maybe fit a tick nicer, but I don't hate money.

Carhartt makes several different options that are good. That’s all I wear for work (steamfitter). The only problem with the thick double knee pants is that the crotch blows out. They make a bunch with the Rugged Flex fabric that solves the crotch blow out and they’re really comfy. I’ve seen them on Midway for sale for around $30+/-

Propper. Especially in the winter as I can layer under them. Pockets everywhere. Pockets inside pockets. I used the ones on the calves for extra gloves in case of a rip on scene. Not cheap but worth the cost IMO. Use them out and about all the time.

Last edited: