• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heavy duty trunk

Jigstick

“What’s the matter colonel sanders….chicken?”
Minuteman
  • Jul 21, 2017
    Pittsburgh PA
    I’m looking for a sturdy lockable trunk. Similiar to a foot locker. Something along the lines of a Pelican or roto moulded. But I’m not having much luck finding anything that’s robust and lockable. Any ideas?

How sturdy? a trunk can only get so sturdy

link did not appear to work

1643927145326.png

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    I've got one of these, mainly to put on a hitch platform behind an SUV on long trips. Works great, is waterproof and not heavy. Just don't put it too close to the exhaust. Ask me how I know.

I’m looking for a sturdy lockable trunk. Similiar to a foot locker. Something along the lines of a Pelican or roto moulded. But I’m not having much luck finding anything that’s robust and lockable. Any ideas?
    Look for a Hardigg foot locker box.
    They are great.
    Does need a gasket to be 100% water tight and doable with a little Work.
    Hardigg is owned by Pelican now, I believe, but their cases and latches are awesome!!!

Reactions: Jigstick
    I've had Hafer case make a custom case for me before and was happy with it and the price back then wasn't to high. You could also search for ATA cases many places have them premade, overruns or cases that people never picked up for lower prices if you don't need a specific size.

Reactions: MCHOG
    Won’t be buried or anything like that. I’m tired of buying the cheap plastic totes. You can’t stack them. The lids break. They are flimsy. They don’t lock.

I’d like to get all my hunting / back country gear, camping gear, duty gear more organized and into seperate trunks. So I can grab the appropriate trunk I need at any given time, toss it in my truck, and be on my way.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
    Won’t be buried or anything like that. I’m tired of buying the cheap plastic totes. You can’t stack them. The lids break. They are flimsy. They don’t lock.

I’d like to get all my hunting / back country gear, camping gear, duty gear more organized and into seperate trunks. So I can grab the appropriate trunk I need at any given time, toss it in my truck, and be on my way.
    Check the military surplus route

just something to organize and haul, not lock securely

Iris USA, 82 quart Weathertight Storage Box, Store-It-All Utility Tote, 4 Pack, Green​

1643935917863.png

My buddy uses some Plano cases for that.
    I use black tubs from Costco, but have a topper for them to be in.

My foot locker is currently in use by my 9 yr old to hold “stuffies and guns” as she said.

Really sounds like it depends on your budget. Pelican cases at the higher end, plano trunks in the middle and generic plastic bins on the low end. I have a mixture of all of the above.

Pelican Air

Plano sportsman trunk

Generic plastic bins

Best bang for your buck are the plano cases. The bigger ones have wheels and the handles are pretty decent. They aren't waterproof or anything.

Just got an email today about the Yeti Loadout GoBox 30.

About the same size as some of the pelicans posted, but cheaper and has a few accessories for organizational purposes. I’d trust Yeti to make a decent product if you’re looking at something that size.
    If you’re .mil or LE, you can get a better price on them (currently on sale at GovX).

just something to organize and haul, not lock securely

Iris USA, 82 quart Weathertight Storage Box, Store-It-All Utility Tote, 4 Pack, Green​

View attachment 7800395

These are the same as the Remington ones sold by sporting goods stores. The Remingtons are less than 40 bucks each. They go on sale at Academy at times too. I think I picked up 4 of them for around 100 bucks.