• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heavy handed day here in New York, again.........

thebeav

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 7, 2022
Western New York
Well, as of today, ammo purchases will require a background check by the state police. This check will carry a fee of 2.50. I picked up some ammo from my FFL yesterday.
He had a pile of boxes that were delivered in the past few days. There was pretty much a line of people picking up stuff.
Of course, organizations in the state are fighting these mandates, but court dates can be far off.
If it weren't for my cabin, which I love so much, I would leave the state.....

I know some people in the ROK, republick of kalifornia, and they tell me if you have an FFL you don't have to do this, and you can still have it shipped to your house, with a signature.

Is that the way it is there?

If so I suggest looking into an 03 FFL, or C&R FFR. I have had mine for years. I still buy stuff here and there on line, but have never sold anything. The rules around what you can buy, gun wise are fairly stupid....but then gun laws are flat stupid in the first place, and how you can sell as well, you need to keep records, but they are not too hairy, they call it a bound book. Basically if you buy in under your FFL, who what when type stuff you need to record. They are not hard to get, and not expensive. IIRC they are good for 3-5 years, don't remember off the top of my head and cost around $25. You have to have it on file with the "chief law enforcement officer in your area". 9 times out of 10 this is the county sheriff, he is the top law official in MOST counties in the US....MOST.

If you trek over to gunboards.com, (fudd heaven) the folk there can help you out with this should you want. As I understand you don't have to pay the tax as well.

Just something to think about.

Reactions: thebeav
Andrew got flushed quickly and Kathy was allowed to run against an unknown, you think if Bob Duffy was still
Lieutenant Governor he could have been elected. Voter apathy is just as much a problem as NYC, add in lax voting requirements and this is the end game. I was active with SCOPE for years before moving out of state, the SAFE act convinced me it was time to leave. Best wishes to those still in hostile territory, how soon before the SP stop a traveler returning from PA with legally purchased ammunition and confiscate it?

Last edited:
The badged men that serve and protect tyrants for a paychack while forcing their will on the population using threats and violence are the good guys. When a gov’t is an authoritarian police state on the verge of totalitarianism, the men in uniform that make it all possible are heroes. Show me a man that doesn’t back the blue of a thieving, evil and murderous state and I can guarantee he is a member of Antifa.

I'm pretty sure I've heard of that occurring in Cali already?

California Highway Patrol has had a long history of sending undercover officers to stake out gun shows in Nevada and tail any California license plates they see, and uniformed CHP would then pull over the Cali plates once they got back into the state. Wonder how much cash and other legally owned items also found their way to CHP pockets after decades of this shit...

Too bad NY isn’t a tiny state that can be driven across in a few hours. If it were, an industrious sort could drive across state lines and stock up, then head home. 🤦

We have had the ammo background check for several years now. $1 per caliber. Some people have been denied simply because they had moved since their last gun purchase, so address didn't match. Lots of examples of issues with being denied or people that "shouldn't" be allowed to purchase can. Now there is a bill sitting on his desk to add an 11% excise tax on all ammo, firearms and "precursor" parts.

My roommate got his 03FFL to buy ammo online. The problem is many of the places with better pricing do not want to deal with it. They know it's legal but because it's CA they just say no we don't deal with CA residents.

I hate this fucking state. I need to get the hell out of here. Anybody need a QC guy in a free state?

Bruen.. SC should have said ALL gun laws are invalid and must be re-passed/validated starting from scratch.

There is no doubt further court cases are going to be filed, but that is the way these statists are in the meantime harassing and trying to make as much of a nuisance as they can to muddy the waters for the Patriot and responsible shooting sphere.

Until Constitutional Carry could be fully declared and signed into law, and even then, local gungrabber hubs like NYC and San Francisco are still going to try to be as much of a thorn in the collective backs of the RKBA world as possible.

It is time we stop referring to gungrabbing leftists as "idiots", "morons", or "out of touch with reality". They are very much NOT idiots and they are perfectly in touch with reality. Their primary motive is to disarm the Patriots and the law abiding, who they consider are their greatest enemies and opponents in the new feudal collectivist system that they and their WEF bosses are trying to implement. As we have seen in various European countries, crime is not their concern. They use crime and rapes/assaults committed by migrants to further a gun ban agenda. When that is passed, they immediately go after farmers and transportation entities next, to try to control the flow of resources. Meanwhile the thugs continue to run amuck and riot and burn and they can't care less.

Last edited:
There is no doubt further court cases are going to be filed, but that is the way these statists are in the meantime harassing and trying to make as much of a nuisance as they can to muddy the waters for the Patriot and responsible shooting sphere.

Until Constitutional Carry could be fully declared and signed into law, and even then, local gungrabber hubs like NYC and San Francisco are still going to try to be a thorn in the collective backs of the RKBA world as possible.

It is time we stop referring to gungrabbing leftists as "idiots", "morons", or "out of touch with reality". They are very much NOT idiots and they are perfectly in touch with reality. Their primary motive is to disarm the Patriots and the law abiding, who they consider are their greatest enemies and opponents in the new feudal collectivist system that they and their WEF bosses are trying to implement. As we have seen in various European countries, crime is not their concern. They use crime and rapes/assaults committed by migrants to further a gun ban agenda. When that is passed, they immediately go after farmers and transportation entities next, to try to control the flow of resources. Meanwhile the thugs continue to run amuck and riot and burn and they can't care less.
Here in the US they're not waiting for gun confiscation to attack farmers and supply chain. It's "everything, everywhere, all at once". They know it's illegal and treasonous but since they own the legal system what are you gonna do? We're way past getting out of this through voting and legalities.

I know some people in the ROK, republick of kalifornia, and they tell me if you have an FFL you don't have to do this, and you can still have it shipped to your house, with a signature.

Is that the way it is there?

If so I suggest looking into an 03 FFL, or C&R FFR. I have had mine for years. I still buy stuff here and there on line, but have never sold anything. The rules around what you can buy, gun wise are fairly stupid....but then gun laws are flat stupid in the first place, and how you can sell as well, you need to keep records, but they are not too hairy, they call it a bound book. Basically if you buy in under your FFL, who what when type stuff you need to record. They are not hard to get, and not expensive. IIRC they are good for 3-5 years, don't remember off the top of my head and cost around $25. You have to have it on file with the "chief law enforcement officer in your area". 9 times out of 10 this is the county sheriff, he is the top law official in MOST counties in the US....MOST.

If you trek over to gunboards.com, (fudd heaven) the folk there can help you out with this should you want. As I understand you don't have to pay the tax as well.

Just something to think about.

Ryan has a step by step process for this.

Reactions: Blue Sky Country
I have zero sympathy for anyone who remains in a commie ridden forever blue state. I refused to move to MD after the ex moved my kids there and lived hours away in VA. Once VA became untenable, I left there for near clean across the country to obtain freedom.

They deprive you of your freedoms, the only option is to return the favor in kind. Deprive them of your taxes. Deprive them of your population. Deprive them of your economy. Deprive them of your slavery.

Fucking leave or fucking submit.

Another Despair Troll.

Run away from a fight? That does not work.

You win this by training new gun owners.

Both strategies work. The former is for folks to do for their immediate good, ie, move to a place where they can continue to shoot and train with the least amount of harassment. For the latter part, getting more people to simply own guns is not enough. Their MENTALITY has to change. They need to recognize the importance of the ideas behind the 2A and the armed citizenry and be willing to constantly defend these ideas, and the country around which these ideas revolve. There are plenty of people who own guns, but for all of the wrong reasons, like the "John Brown Gun Clubs".

Fucking leave NY. Fucking reload. Fucking cross state lines and stop listening to their BS.

Stop bitching about it or shut the fuck up already.

Doc
Many here are unable to leave. Some, born and raised, have families here. Some are to heavily invested. Some choose to stay behind enemy lines for other reasons.

You're ''law'' enforcement, right. What is your stance on the matter if you were a NYS trooper? Would you pull over a traveler with NYS tags, crossing back over, and violating their 4th amendment right?

Many here are unable to leave. Some, born and raised, have families here. Some are to heavily invested. Some choose to stay behind enemy lines for other reasons.

You're ''law'' enforcement, right. What is your stance on the matter if you were a NYS trooper? Would you pull over a traveler with NYS tags, crossing back over, and violating their 4th amendment right?
One of the ideas that came to mind; Indian business people have been very successful with tobacco and fuel in NY, let alone gambling operations, wonder if ammunition is a possibility for them to retail?

Last edited:

Yeah, I'm LE......😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

My screen name is Doc, and you think I'm LE. You're an idiot Sir.

I would never be a cop to have to make that decision.

Here's a clue, I've been in healthcare my whole life.

Doc

Reactions: Ronws and Redmanss
Another Despair Troll.

Run away from a fight? That does not work.

You win this by training new gun owners.
You're an idiot also.....I never said run away from a fight. I said ignore them and become untenable.

Make sure to vote these tyrants out next time. Because we all know elections are secure....

STFU.....

Doc

Well, as of today, ammo purchases will require a background check by the state police. This check will carry a fee of 2.50. I picked up some ammo from my FFL yesterday.
He had a pile of boxes that were delivered in the past few days. There was pretty much a line of people picking up stuff.
Of course, organizations in the state are fighting these mandates, but court dates can be far off.
If it weren't for my cabin, which I love so much, I would leave the state.....
That's gotta be the worst excuse to stay in that state.......no wonder we are losing the 2A fights everywhere.....

Doc

"infringed"

verb
past tense: infringed; past participle: infringed
  1. actively break the terms of (a law, agreement, etc.).

Reactions: 96coal449
Every state we vacate is that much more ground ceded to the enemy. Every state we move to will soon be just as bad as the one we left. I understand leaving for the sake of your families safety and general well being. But it's a short term solution. Soon there will be no refuge anywhere. The beast is taking over and that's just the way it is. us calling each other names etc won't solve anything. Vote harder.

Doc
I may be an idiot or, simply have you confused with another member.
No need to call me sir, I understand it was typed out of respect. We are brothers of the republic.

To all, I remain behind enemy lines. I think we all know what is coming to the republic, loathed to by the tyrants.
There are good tactics from remaining behind.

A people united, the republic would be unstoppable.

California and New York both lost Congressional House seats last census. That is just a part the power of moving out of state.
The problem is, we don't have government. It is a cooperation and has been such for a long time.
Thanks to the reconstruction act of 1871.

Reactions: BCP
But like it or not, knowing it or not, bringing at least some of what they're fleeing with them. Just human nature.
Not really. The ones fleeing are conservatives in rural areas of upstate. The migrants from the rotten apple are spreading north. They see gun "laws" and think they'll be safe. The only violence, involving the use of guns, is in the cities. The gangs with their drive by shootings, robberies, and the likes.

So from my recent research, the new system has crashed as of 9:35 am. LGS cannot sell ammunition or firearms under the new system.
Whoda thunk?

Great place for ya to check out is the Firing Pin of Bergen NY. If anyone recalls the protest in Richmondville VA of 2020, The owner, Brandon, was the dude humping a Barret .50 through the streets. There are some good peeps in NY.

They've become all but useless in NY the last few years.

Never understood people telling others to move out of CA, NY, NJ, MA etc. Why, so they can more to your state and screw it up too?

That is a shame, I would say how can they do that it is federal deal, but never mind.....I know.

As to your other part, ask the folks in TX or CO.

" cross state lines "
This was a discussion the other day, people talking about spending hundreds of dollars to not spend $2.50. "It's not about the money."
Giving the state $50 in tolls and gas tax to not give them $2.50 isn't a moral victory. The governor doesn't want them buying ammo in NY and they're not. That's not a moral victory either. :(

Honestly, between figuring out new ways to channel tax payer money to her husband and turning puppies into coats, I don't see how she has time to come up with these ideas.

images.jpeg

Doc
I know this answer, let me try.

With a lifetime in healthcare, is that why you chose the handle of Doc?

Just like I have spent a long time being an asshole and have sometimes taken on the title of Senor Pendejo.
1694628864470.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Doc68
Every state we vacate is that much more ground ceded to the enemy. Every state we move to will soon be just as bad as the one we left. I understand leaving for the sake of your families safety and general well being. But it's a short term solution. Soon there will be no refuge anywhere. The beast is taking over and that's just the way it is. us calling each other names etc won't solve anything. Vote harder.
Do you not realize they already have that ground.....NY is all determined by NYC.....period. they keep importing the illegals and they will stay blue. No matter how many you turn red in these rural towns.....

It's an illusion at best

Doc

You can cross the state line and buy whatever you want.
Not in VT…. So many out of staters were looting VT stores of ammo during Covid that most of the gun dealers won’t sell to anyone without a VTDL.

Not a law…. But the level of Massholes and NYC and others “looting” rural areas got really bad I 2020… and most of the gun shop owners said “ammo is for our local Customers.”

May have changed… but “just go loot that state over there” is not a solution for guillotining your own tyrants and POS urban “problems.”

Sirhr

Too bad NY isn’t a tiny state that can be driven across in a few hours. If it were, an industrious sort could drive across state lines and stock up, then head home. 🤦
IMG_7099.jpeg

Reactions: mtrmn