• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heavy-weight bench 'base' for tracking tests and reticle testing

sirhrmechanic

Command Sgt. Major
Minuteman
I need to build (one for me, one for my LGS) a heavy weight 'base' that can be used to do scope tracking and testing.

Basically a piece of Picatinny rail screwed to a steel base that sits on a bench. And lets us run the knobs and zoom, etc. without it moving.

I know a few guys here have built some nice ones. And while I have a design in mind... would love to see some pictures of what you have built and maybe get some additional ideas.

This will be for testing scopes. Doing 'demonstrations' on 'scopes of tracking capabilities. And confirming that the reticles are exactly conforming to spec (MOA or MIL) on a known grid at an exact distance.

Any ideas or pictures appreciated, please!

Cheers,

Sirhr

There is this thread with a couple of examples

And I'm looking for a fella who made one from some scrap tubing in his shop and it was excellent....still looking

Here is another one....not the one I'm looking for but perhaps helpful

more but still not the one I'm looking for

Here is the TargetUSA one with a pic below of the OG one which looks like a very doable DIY with some metal working skills

Ah...here is the one I'm thinking of....not sure if this suits you but...

Reactions: Schütze and 6.5SH
You are the man, Baron! Thanks!

Never thought to call it a table!

Thanks!

Sirhr
And wouldn't you know it but after running the search function and looking high and low for that last thread I linked....and finally finding it.... an hour later it got bumped to the top of the new post list! haha

Have a great day.

I would think with a little machine work that a mount to replace the bag on a F-Class front rest would be ideal.
After looking at my Sinclair Heavy varmint rest it would be fairly simple, fully adjustable to level on all corners with an accurate machinist bubble level.