• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hognuts

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Anyone running the HECS Camo for hunting? I just ordered a set. Not sure if it's voodoo bs or not, but figured I would give it a go. Would love to hear some feedback if any of y'all have used it.

I am doing a back country hunt in September in Montana's Bob Marshall Wilderness Area for deer, elk, and wolves, would make my trip if I can get a wolf in my crosshairs!

I already have more camo shit than any one person should own, but I had paruzed their site several times and finally had a moment of weakness and made the order for a set of it. (pants, shirt, and headgear). Now I really do have a tinfoil hat! :)

I've been wondering the same thing, so I congratulate you on making the purchase. By all means, please report back. If it works, it will save loads of expense and hassle both on the ground and in the blind. The hunt you're going on is another thing altogether. I also would love to whack a big wolf, and the Northwest is one beautiful place. My mom grew up in the area right around the Washington, Oregon, Idaho border, around the confluence of the Grand Ronde and the Snake River. I haven't been there in many years, but I'm frothing to do a road trip. We drove across the highway from Washington to Montana the morning they opened it to traffic, back about 1966-67. The road through Idaho was nothing but rocks the size of soccer balls, and now everything in that country is paved flat; the Whitebird Grade used to be a graveyard for wrecked vehicles, with about a dozen switchbacks, and I'm not sure you can pedal your bike to the roadway any longer. If so, go out of your way to drive up the original. We also had a mythical drive in Southwest Wyoming way back then. We were behind the snow plow on June 4th, about 1963-64, and the drifts of snow were over 15 feet in many places. Absolutely surreal driving for miles with nothing visible but walls of snow on both sides. Another time, going through Wyoming at night, we drove through a pack of rabbits that must have numbered in the millions. My brother and I (I was about 9 at the time) sat on the hood of the car and tried to shoo the bunnies out of the way. They were about as thick as grasshoppers in a plague.
Jim

Last edited:
Sounds like magnetic bracelets and acupuncture, reiki, and homeopathy. Game animals are mammals just like us. Not only do they not have the ability to see electromagnetic fields, human electromagnetic fields do not exist in the sense popular science fiction would have you believe. Just as shown on HECS own website, very sensitive meters have to be within a foot or two to measure them. The website says animals "MAY" be able to sense them at further distances. There is no research showing this to be true.

I've had a deer poke his head into my ground blind and his magical EMR detector did not go off. Pure Snakeoil in my opinion.

Reactions: Sean the Nailer
Sounds like magnetic bracelets and acupuncture, reiki, and homeopathy. Game animals are mammals just like us. Not only do they not have the ability to see electromagnetic fields, human electromagnetic fields do not exist in the sense popular science fiction would have you believe. Just as shown on HECS own website, very sensitive meters have to be within a foot or two to measure them. The website says animals "MAY" be able to sense them at further distances. There is no research showing this to be true.

I've had a deer poke his head into my ground blind and his magical EMR detector did not go off. Pure Snakeoil in my opinion.

You are probably right! I think looking at these websites when hunting season is drawing near is like going to the supermarket when you are hungry! :) You end up seeing all kinds of shit that you "need"! I have no expectation of walking right into a herd of elk, or a pack of wolves like the terminator with this shit on...but it was one of those deals, I had heard about it from a few buddies who saw it on hunting shows, had looked at their website a few times and now that it is drawing near to my trip to the Bob Marshall Wilderness area, all of my nervous energy has been spent organizing my gear, sending binos out for repair service, and browsing all of the shooting/hunting forums and websites and if nothing else, call it a moment of weakness. I have hunted since I was 12 years old up in Montana and I have killed my share of game in jeans and a flannel shirt, but of late I have started aquiring a multitude of camos, I have winter, desert, jungle, and now I have some "ninja, anti-electrical" stuff! I will say this though, if I walk up on a big bull or a wolf while wearing it, I don't care if it is just superstition or what, I will wear that shit out! :)

I had a Desert BDU pants and a blue long-john top that I killed a nice mule deer in Nevada and a bull elk in Montana, when I would reach into the pack and pull that out as my day's clothing choice I always think...."it is going to be a good day today" :)

Exibit A:

Exibit B:

Last edited: