• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Height of Nightforce Base?

GTGunner

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2011
Central Florida
I need to mount a NF 5.5-222x56mm onto a R700 Milspec 5R. I have the scope but the rifle has not arrived yet. I am trying to order NF bases and rings but cannot find the height of a Nightforce base anywhere.

Can anyone who has a NF base/rail installed on their rifle please measure the height of the base and let me know what the height (in mm or inches) of a Nightforce base is? There is no information on their website!!!

Thanks!

Re: Height of Nightforce Base?

I have a Nightforce Remington 700 short action unimount and it was available in two heights 1" and 1.125". I don't know the height of their separate rail.

I use a Nightforce Benchrest scope 8-32x56 on my TRG-22 and the objective bell is about 68mm, the TRG picatinny rail is 7mm barrel to top (pretty typical), so if you want around 0.125 inch scope to barrel clearance (for scope covers, etc.), a ring height of 30mm/1.18" or higher is required. A Nightforce unimount for the Remington 700 at 1.125" height will only give you around a 1/16" clearance. The guys at EuroOptic or Optics Planet can probably give you an exact dimension for the Nightforce rail height if nobody here knows.

Re: Height of Nightforce Base?

Thanks for the info Mike! I figure I would ask here first since so many guys on the Hide claim they have a NF Picatinny base it would be easy to measure.

BTW.........I measured the bell on my NF 5.5-22x56mm with a caliper and it measured 66mm.

Cheers!