• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Heli Pig Hunt?

Rogerthatout

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2017
I want to take a few guys out to try a heli trip.
It's been on my bucket list for a long time

Any recommendations, looking for a fun guide, not a shop with big egos.

Reactions: CageFighter
I did one a couple years ago in south Texas . Groupon was running a special. (The company is no longer in business.

How did it go you ask. Hopefully you don’t get seasick. I knew better then to go but I had to try it out. 30 minutes later I was whiter than Casper 10 minutes after that I was hanging out the back door letting it rip (both from my mouth and my gun).

I will say make sure the one you go on has someone on the ground to pick up the hogs. I think it was a waste that some companies do not allow you to collect the hogs you have shot.

it was fun as hell but the worst part is my wife likes playing that video every time we have a get together.

I live in Texas and have chased hogs for a long time. Do your homework on the outfit and understand who is flying and what their qualifications are, helicopters crash and. It all pilots are created equal. Also ask about the access and areas you will be hunting and landowner permission. Helo Hunters have been cited for trespassing for going on to the wrong ranch/ lease via helo chasing hogs without landowner permission. I am not saying “don’t do it,” just do your homework.

The pigman, Brian Quaca has gone on several helicopter hunts on his tv show, I believe it has been with the same outfitter. I think he has a link on his website.

Your location would help. Quite a few here out of Texas that are good. Pork Choppers puts all of their hunts on YouTube if you want to see what they can do. Ex mil helicopter pilot

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
I did one a couple years ago in south Texas . Groupon was running a special. (The company is no longer in business.

How did it go you ask. Hopefully you don’t get seasick. I knew better then to go but I had to try it out. 30 minutes later I was whiter than Casper 10 minutes after that I was hanging out the back door letting it rip (both from my mouth and my gun).

I will say make sure the one you go on has someone on the ground to pick up the hogs. I think it was a waste that some companies do not allow you to collect the hogs you have shot.

it was fun as hell but the worst part is my wife likes playing that video every time we have a get together.
what a story. I need to keep this in mind. I dont do good offshore! TY for the insight

what a story. I need to keep this in mind. I dont do good offshore! TY for the insight

if you have a good pilot he can fly without making you sick, some pilots try to show off and do hard turns other can fly with the same results but smooth as silk. Let them know you get seasick and tell them to take it easy

Sounds like a plan, thank you.
Looks like one other guy suggested a real nice outfit.ill.combine some of this advice and make smart decision
This group is amazing . Ty