• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hell yeah, boys. The angels sang today.

Jimmy2Times

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 5, 2005
Amesbury, Massachusetts
My ST-10 finally came (Actually, it came quite quick, I ordered in May.) I, not being one to get overly excited about things, was absolutely blown away by the quality, finish, and just everything about this piece of glass. Initially my thoughts were to get this scope, run it through it paces, and then decide if I'm going to replace my 2 other Leupold MK4's. Well upon simply taking this out of the box, I said to myself "My Mark 4's are going on the boards tomorrow and I'm ordering 2 more of these." Everything all you guys said about USO being worth the wait, and so much better than Leupold (Being a lifetime Leupold, user, abuser, and believer, I didn't believe it) was spot on. I didn't believe you guys but you were right. After I mounted it, I looked through it and was glassing stuff out my window and I truly cannot believe how much clearer this thing is than my MK4's. Before, I would say to myself, "Really, how much clearer can you get than a MK4?" Well, the answer is a fucking lot! Thank you USO, you have made a customer for life out of me, and I'll be placing 2 more orders with you in the next few days.

Enough with my babbeling, here are the pics:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4-1.jpg

Re: Hell yeah, boys. The angels sang today.

Makes those waiting for one get more than a little antsy--sweet looking scope. Can't wait for my SN3 now...

I love the looks of the ST10. not that it amounts to much, but they are a beautiful optic. Is there some reason you chose to not use the EREK?

What MKIV's are you going to sell? I wouldnt mind having another one. Enjoy your new scope and let me know about the MKIVs. I am interested. Hopefully you will give me a decent deal since they suck so bad compared to the ST10
grin.gif

Looks great, but I have to ask as well. Is that a genuine "Bloomberg back-up gun" behind yours, in the 'red'?

Congratulations on the glass, man. One day. OOoooonnnee Ddddaayyyyyyyyyy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the looks of the ST10. not that it amounts to much, but they are a beautiful optic. Is there some reason you chose to not use the EREK?

What MKIV's are you going to sell? I wouldnt mind having another one. Enjoy your new scope and let me know about the MKIVs. I am interested. Hopefully you will give me a decent deal since they suck so bad compared to the ST10
grin.gif
</div></div>

I choose not to get the EREK because I really have no need for it. All the EREK would have been for me was an expensive zero stop. The scope is sitting on a 20 MOA base and has more than ample amount of elevation travel to get me out to 1k. And that's all I'm really looking for. If I was made of money, would I have gotten the EREK? Absolutely. And if I was made of money, that scope would be anodized green and have a side focus too. And if I was made of money, that scope would be a green SN3 with EREK and side focus. But, unfortunately, I am not made of money.

The Leupolds are going to be quite a good deal. They are going up on the boards today. The first one I pulled off doesn't even have ring marks. None, zero, nada. They are both less than a few months old. I'll give you first refusal via PM since you asked.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sean the Nailer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks great, but I have to ask as well. Is that a genuine "Bloomberg back-up gun" behind yours, in the 'red'?

Congratulations on the glass, man. One day. OOoooonnnee Ddddaayyyyyyyyyy.

</div></div>

That's tequila. I used to have a couple of them but gave them away to friends. I've got to get a few more. It's an expensive bottle of liquor. I'd also like to get a few of those skull head vodka bottles but those are really expensive. I can't be dropping $80 on a bottle of booze I ain't even gonna drink when there's Sierra Matchkings and powder to buy.
laugh.gif

nice one! good work dude.

what type of rings are you running there?
I'm waiting for my ST10 at the moment, can't wait.

what reticle did you choose?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">nice one! good work dude.

what type of rings are you running there?
I'm waiting for my ST10 at the moment, can't wait.

what reticle did you choose? </div></div>

Those are Leupold MK4 Medium rings (The steel ones) I have about 1/8" , maybe a 1/16" of an inch clearance between the eyepice and the rear of the base. The front of the bell is pretty close to the base as well. I see a lot of guys who like their scopes really far back, I have no idea how they'd mount one of these without it being up in space.

Oh and the reticle is a standard Mil Dot.

ok no worries, yeah its looking like a good position there! is there any reason you have the rings so close together? don't want to spread them out a little bit?

i've got a nightforce 20 moa base and mk4 high rings at home waiting for mine, its got the ERGO upgrade on the front end so i wanted to have a little bit of extra height just in case.

do you have any other pictures brother?
it always makes my day seeing people happy about their new gun toys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ok no worries, yeah its looking like a good position there! is there any reason you have the rings so close together? don't want to spread them out a little bit?

i've got a nightforce 20 moa base and mk4 high rings at home waiting for mine, its got the ERGO upgrade on the front end so i wanted to have a little bit of extra height just in case.

do you have any other pictures brother?
it always makes my day seeing people happy about their new gun toys </div></div>

Yeah, you'll be fine with that setup. I like the MK4 rings, they are really nice rings.

As for my ring placement on this setup, no particular reason they are close, other than asthetics I suppose. Is there a benefit to setting them farther apart?

I haven't taken any other pics as of yet, just have some old pics when it had the MK 4 on top.

the wider your rings are apart the more structural rigidity you'll get between the base and the scope.

i'd at least move the rear ring back to clear the ejection port cut into the base. especially due to the fact that there are no moving rings on the scope itself to get in the way of, spread them out a couple notches either side.

i'm real keen to see some through the scope pics if you can be bothered at any stage
smile.gif
good buy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the wider your rings are apart the more structural rigidity you'll get between the base and the scope.

i'd at least move the rear ring back to clear the ejection port cut into the base. especially due to the fact that there are no moving rings on the scope itself to get in the way of, spread them out a couple notches either side.

i'm real keen to see some through the scope pics if you can be bothered at any stage
smile.gif
good buy! </div></div>

Fucker, you're killing me. Now I gotta go remount that thing. Best to do it now before I shoot it. Hang on, BRB.

OK, here we go, remounted, leveled, and boresighted (again :D):

S1053111.jpg

Thanks for the sound advice. I tried taking some through the scope pics for you, but I just couldn't get them to come out. My camera sucks.

I think that looks much better!
No worries man, that's what makes this forum worth coming to. Help each other out.

Let me know how it goes on the range, keen to hear anything you have to say about it bro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 96C</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that looks much better!
No worries man, that's what makes this forum worth coming to. Help each other out.

Let me know how it goes on the range, keen to hear anything you have to say about it bro. </div></div>

No doubt, this forum is second to none. I will indeed post a range report. We've got a hell of a storm here today, so I don't know when I'll get to shoot it. I will, however, be loading rounds all day today.

I can tell you this. This scope has zero parallax. None. I don't know if that's due to the fact that it's a fixed power, or what, but it was a concern of mine being that I didn't get a side focus with it. It was the first thing I checked after I mounted it, and there is simply no way to see around the reticle, not even the slightest little bit. It's really amazing.

Congrats J2T!

Can hardly wait for mine to arrive.

Yeah, when you pick one up and look at it, my immediate thought was "could probably drive over it, or drive nails with it, then use it".

Got mine (USO ST-10) last Saturday, with the ARD (Killflash) option.

Used a set of Burrus Tactical Extreme rings to put it on my HS Precision HTR (30 MOA rail).

Went to the range Sunday, and again Monday.

Use it, you'll like it.