• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello and glad to be here

pizfiz

Private
Minuteman
Feb 8, 2014
This is my first post and i am new to posting in forums, so if I break some newbie ground rules please forgive me.

So, been shooting AR's of the 5.56 variety for years and have gone from red dot plinking and mag dumps to putting a $200 doller scope on a really good shooting, old trusty RRA. I realized now that I enjoy precision shooting more than anything I've done in shooting.

Most of my time is spent plinking 8 inch steel plates at 300 yards. My range goes out to 1000, so, I figured its time to stretch out my dimensions. I am not a reloader - yet and I'm really just getting started in the long range game.

Anyway, I know you all have fielded this question a thousand times, but I am gonna throw caution to the wind.
I would like to go 308 and really can't decide if I should do the traditional 700 build out "like all rookies should" or go AR like a GAP 10 or OBR. I really have no budget limitations as I've been saving for a while now and just want to be as close to satisfied as possible.

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what disadvantage a semi-auto would have verses the bolt build out?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Get a Larue, or even better…. F&D!

Counter Sniper for a scope.

Don't forget a drop leg holster for the range.

Hand loads suck, buy Wolf.

Re-barrel an SKS, that would get you to 1000.

PM VJJ Punisher for more tips.

Also, talk to the Shankster for advice on women.

PM Maggot for all things spiritual.

That's a starting point.

I appreciate bringing up F and D. Never heard of them and will definitely check them out. I guess the rest of your reply was deserved.