• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Hello everyone, help between 2 sopes

TO 8217

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2014
Ok so I have decided to step into the relm finnaly of .308. I purchased a 20" lWRC Repr. As soon as I got it I sent it out to Modern Outfitters and had it Cerakoted put on a surefire muzzle Break atlas bipod.
since I put the money into the rifle I want a nice scope. I'm on hold currently for the NF BEAST 5x25 56 with the MILR reticle. i know very few have any experience with this one yet so comparisons are gonna be hard to answer but just looking for feed back on what you would do.
I could dip out for very close to the same amout of money and go with S&B PM11 5x25 56.
I have a ton to learn here but i have access to a few ranges and plan to shoot between 300 and up to 1000. Oh and I have a Larue LT 112 mount with 20 moa. So what are you thinking?
Thank you all in advance for your expertise !

I seriously doubt you will be unhappy with the S&B 5-25... unless you love shooting at lower magnifications as it tunnels badly.

Ditch the Larue, get yourself a better mount that can hold zero... like Bobro, or GDI. If you don't need QD take a look at Aadland or Spuhr. :)

I seriously doubt you will be unhappy with the S&B 5-25... unless you love shooting at lower magnifications as it tunnels badly.

Ditch the Larue, get yourself a better mount that can hold zero... like Bobro, or GDI. If you don't need QD take a look at Aadland or Spuhr. :)

Yeah I would have to agree with you on the Spuhr and even though the Larue is brand new untouched, I have had it a few months and doubt they would take it back so I thought I would give it a try. Not sure what happened but all i ever heard was good things about the Larue mounts but looking around on here they don't seem to be so popular. I hate the thought of throwing away 275.00 you know? I guess I just did not do enough research on the mount.

I have this setup. LWRC Reaper, with NF BEAST, MOAR Reticle. I have the Larue LT111, 34mm QR. Perfect for the scope. Looking to sight it in this coming weekend. I purchased a bore scope today for it also. So glad it did. It was off by a mile... I have the same mount for my 17HMR for my NF F1, but 30mm. It's awesome to say the least. Trust me, you will love it. I wish those that had negative things to say about the Larue mounts would say what it is they don't like about them. I've had no problems with mine. And I take mine off after shooting each time to clean my rifle and put it back on with no lose of target zero'd in. But oh well...

Last edited:
Good to hear ! Please let me know how that set up works for you at the range.

I am curious to know how these two would go head to head? I have been pretty excited about the beast coming out and I feel they have a great reputation ( build quality and CS). I would also like the S&B but I am wondering for the 400 to 500 more am I getting anything better or am I just paying for the name at that point?

IMG_2652.jpgIMG_2653.jpg

Here is my setup. Wish I had better background scenery.

LWRC Reaper .308
Atlas Bipod
NF BEAST with MOAR Reticle
Larue LT111 QR Mount, Zero MOA

Last edited:
I have this setup. LWRC Reaper, with NF BEAST, MOAR Reticle. I have the Larue LT111, 34mm QR. Perfect for the scope. Looking to sight it in this coming weekend. I purchased a bore scope today for it also. So glad it did. It was off by a mile... I have the same mount for my 17HMR for my NF F1, but 30mm. It's awesome to say the least. Trust me, you will love it. I wish those that had negative things to say about the Larue mounts would say what it is they don't like about them. I've had no problems with mine. And I take mine off after shooting each time to clean my rifle and put it back on with no lose of target zero'd in. But oh well...

so you have an F1 on your .17? Can we be friends? If even for a day? HA!

I know it's probably overkill, but it sure looks good right now on my 17. Had the F1 on my .308 Reaper, and it was awesome to say the least. No problem hitting 6 inch steel at 500 yards. But I wanted the BEAST once I heard about it. Looking to sight it in this weekend if the weather holds out.

Looks awsome ! I responded in another post you replied to about your pic . We will have almost identical REPR's except mine is magpul OD green with the REPR emblem on both sides of the mag well. At least I know what the beast will look like on mine now. Funny I also had the f1 but decided I wanted the beast instead so I returned the f1 and am on hold for the next shipment of them.

image.jpgimage.jpg here is a pic of mine with the F1 on it. Sorry for the grainy cell phone pic.

Last edited:

I'm going to be nice. The Larue mount contacts the rail at 2 points, ADM, Bobro squeezes against the rail sides. Yes, it works, there are better systems. ADM, Bobro don't grind against your rail. This horse has been beaten to death.

You are talking about 2 of the largest scopes out there, why the QD mount? 20" barrel gas rifle, you're prob. not going to run a RD/1-6x on and off, so reconsider the need for a QD mount. Having said that, fucking Spuhr, all the way.

Sell the Larue, that's a very inexpensive mistake. It will sell in a couple of days, use the money to buy a better mount. Alamo, Aadland, Bobro, ADM is ok, and then there is Spuhr.

Good luck. Post some groups.

I'm going to be nice. The Larue mount contacts the rail at 2 points, ADM, Bobro squeezes against the rail sides. Yes, it works, there are better systems. ADM, Bobro don't grind against your rail. This horse has been beaten to death.

You are talking about 2 of the largest scopes out there, why the QD mount? 20" barrel gas rifle, you're prob. not going to run a RD/1-6x on and off, so reconsider the need for a QD mount. Having said that, fucking Spuhr, all the way.

Sell the Larue, that's a very inexpensive mistake. It will sell in a couple of days, use the money to buy a better mount. Alamo, Aadland, Bobro, ADM is ok, and then there is Spuhr.

Thanks for the info. I'll be looking at things very closely, trust me.

I get that most everyone here would go with the S&B based on reputation name and proven scope. I know the NF beast just came out and it has not proven it self yet but we know that it comes from a reputable company with good CS. If these scopes where side by side and both caost the same 85% of people would choose S&B. What im getting at is the S&B is about $500 more and do you really get 500 more worth of features and value other then the name.
I'm guessing ill just stay on the list for my beast. If the S&B where in my hands to be had right now I guess I would strongly consider it but it's not. I should have my beast in May God willing.

Looks awsome ! I responded in another post you replied to about your pic . We will have almost identical REPR's except mine is magpul OD green with the REPR emblem on both sides of the mag well. At least I know what the beast will look like on mine now. Funny I also had the f1 but decided I wanted the beast instead so I returned the f1 and am on hold for the next shipment of them.

To bad you let your NF F1 go. It's such an awesome scope. Check out that F1 leveling test that was just post on here. Pretty cool!

I just checked BoBro's website out. Doesn't look like they have a mount for the 34mm tube at this time for the NF BEAST.

To bad you let your NF F1 go. It's such an awesome scope. Check out that F1 leveling test that was just post on here. Pretty cool!

Agreed I believe it was a great scope but in the end I thought it would be best to go with the new beast. At least the guy that posted that thread said he has never pick up a NF that isn't spot on like that , so that's a good feeling.

Ok so most everyone got me worked up about my Larue QD mount so now this morning I called Mile High and ordered Spuhr sp-4603B got lucky as they had it in stock. I hope this is the right one that will work for my NF Beast a top of my LWRC repr.
Now I have a new Larue mount LT 112 in the bag Im gonna have to sell. wish me luck.

Last edited:
Ok so most everyone got me worked up about my Larue QD mount so now this morning I called Mile High and ordered Spuhr sp-4603B got lucky as they had it in stock. I hope this is the right one that will work for my NF Beast a top of my LWRC repr.
Now I have a new Larue mount LT 112 in the bag Im gonna have to sell. wish me luck.

Please post picks and let us know what you think about it. I hope the bottom of the scope objective is sitting just off the top of the rifle barrel when you get it mounted. Just hold on to the LaRue until everything checks out.

Will do. When I talked to them they took all the measurements for me and said this mount will be perfect. They said they have used this mount with the beast and it worked perfect. It's 20.6 moa just like the Larue. I believe both mounts would put the scope the same heigt off the rail, but your right I will hold on to the larue for now.

Last edited:
Will do. When I talked to them they took all the measurements for me and said this mount will be perfect. They said they have used this mount with the beast and it worked perfect. It's 20.6 moa just like the Larue. I believe both mounts would put the scope the same heigt off the rail, but your right I will hold on to the larue for now.
Mile High knows what you need and would not steer you wrong on the Suphr. You'll love the mount and once mounted will not have to mess with it again. LaRue should sell easily. They make quality products, but not the best for LR shooting!

I have 2 S&Bs (3-20 & 5-25) and 2 Marchs (3-24 & 5-40). All are in mil/mil, but do get confused at times with the 0.2 mil clicks on the 5-40 scope. I canceled my BEAST order and am waiting for the new Vortex Razor HD 4.5-27X with 0.1 mil clicks and 34mm tube. Feel the 0.2 mil clicks would still bother me like the March 5-40X scope when dialing, even with the 0.1 mil lever.

Of all the scopes I've been able to shoot with over the years, I really don't think you can beat S&B with the MLR reticle (or others) for ranging and LR shooting. I know others will have differing opinions. My 66 year old eyes have forced me to be very picky about what scopes work best at distance for me.