• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello everyone!

Ohio_Scott

Private
Minuteman
Dec 6, 2021
Doylestown, Ohio
Hi everyone,

I have lurked and read these forums for several years - incredible amount of great information!! During the lockdown I bought a RPR in 6.5 Creedmoor - thought it would be a good rifle to try out some precision matches at some point.

I have been a hunter,shooter and reloader for 40 years. The only serious competitive shooting I have done is Trapshooting. My wife and I were serious ATA shooters and ran a gun club / trap range here in Northeast Ohio for 10 years. I lost my wife to cancer a year ago and that sort of dampened my enthusiasm for shooting Trap. I still work full-time but since I own the company, I have time to get away to go shooting. Since my wife's passing I find myself not leaving the house much - I REALLY need an interest to get me back outside and associating with like-minded individuals before I lose my marbles...

I have always had an interest in long range shooting and have some "basic" sniper training from my USAF career - I attended a special Army sniper course as we used M14 and Barrett 50 cal to detonate bomblets at long range ( I was USAF EOD) but that was MANY years ago LOL!

Hunting has been my main passion and I am confident with my hunting rifles out to 500yds and have taken Sheep and Ibex at that range in high altitude. What I am definitely not confident at is competitive shooting with all the stages and timings - that will take alot of practice to learn :). I've learned alot from these forums on setting up my RPR and gathering the minimum required gear to be able to participate.

My local range gets me out to 300 on paper - good for working up my loads and getting zero set. Thunder Valley and Rayners Range are less that two hours away and that is where I plan to practice and attend some of the PRS matches in 2022 at Rayners to start out.

2020 and 2021 were terrible years for me - definitely looking forward to 2022!

Scott
Doylestown, Ohio

welcome from delaware . I have been dreaming of finally getting to go to thunder valley . So far it's still only a dream .