• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from a new guy

Witch_Doctor

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Salutations,

Just joined, been lurking for awhile. I just got my 700 back from George, beautiful work. Its a started life as a Remington 700 SS 5R. So now I am waiting on the Form 4 to be approved, went pending July 6th, so hopefully soon.

rifle013.jpg

rifle012.jpg

Re: Hello from a new guy

Welcome to the Hide. Nice rifle you have there.

Nice rifle. What scope is that? Are you going to reload? Don't forget range report.

I just picked up a new die, so I am hoping to get out to the range this weekend and start playing with some hand loads. This is my first foray into the world of precision rifles, I have been mostly a practical and 3 gun guy. I have only put 40 rounds of Federal Premium 168 through it to break it in before I sent it to George. With the Federal it was shooting nickel-size groups (No micrometer) at 100 yards and 200 yards, and started to opened up at 300 yards. It is a pleaseure to shoot, so I am definitely exited to start exploring loads for it. I have a good friend who has offerred to help me in my new endeavor of rifle reloads.

The scope is a Nikon Monarch X 4-16X50, it is very clear and crisp. Its is sitting on Leuopold MK IV rail and rings. I had George Cerakote it black, put an oversized bolt knob on, cut the barrel to 22", and thread the barrel. I have a Cyclone K waiting at my local shop on the form 4, so that should throw a whole new world of reloads at me too. Again, I can not say enough about George's work.

Welcome and it looks like your are off to a good start.

When I am in the City I usually go out to Nicks for pistol and carbine or over to Pascagula for rifles. The last few months I have been in Florida, so I have been shooting at my fathers club in Tallahassee or the FOP range in St. Augustine.

I appreciate the welcoming, the old search function has been my friend for the past few weeks. There is a wealth of intel around here.

Hey KeyDiverFla ever dive with Horizon in Key Largo. I did my Deco, Adv Nitrox, and Gas Blending with them last year. Great group of guys.