• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from AL

bncadvr

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2024
AL
I'm new here at the Hide and located in north AL

I've been shooting tactical/run-n-gun for several years and am now getting interested in long range precision. All of my previous shooting has been 0-300yd since that was what I had available at the range. I have always been disappointed at my performance at 300yd and am ready to do something about it.

I'm looking forward to learning the long range craft and will be taking a class soon to get started off on the right foot. Then I plan to try out some PRS matches. PRS looks like it will strike the right balance for me in terms of exercising the technical skills/knowledge but still being a bit tactical since I'm not really interested in sitting at a bench and perfecting hand loads. So, I'll probably looking at the Production, Tactical, and Gas Gun categories.

I'm also mainly an AR guy, so learning about bolt guns will be fun too.

Welcome from N/C Bama. If your looking into PRS, Alabama Precision but they’re only open for competitions. They host center fire and rimfire comps. There is Steel City Precision for long range. Brock’s Gap for pistol and carbine, believe 500 is the longest there but not sure.

Reactions: bncadvr
Welcome from N/C Bama. If your looking into PRS, Alabama Precision but they’re only open for competitions. They host center fire and rimfire comps. There is Steel City Precision for long range. Brock’s Gap for pistol and carbine, believe 500 is the longest there but not sure.
I see Brock’s Gap hosts IDPA, so that might make a decent trip to go down there for a match and also check out the rifle range.

I hope to make it to Alabama Precision at some point. Don’t have a proper PRS gun yet,so I’m not sure if it is worth showing up with a nice AR or not (.223 or 6.5G). I was planning to contact the match director to ask about that.

Reactions: jetjock07
I see Brock’s Gap hosts IDPA, so that might make a decent trip to go down there for a match and also check out the rifle range.

I hope to make it to Alabama Precision at some point. Don’t have a proper PRS gun yet,so I’m not sure if it is worth showing up with a nice AR or not (.223 or 6.5G). I was planning to contact the match director to ask about that.
Ive seen several guys run gas guns before. Usually 223. Come on down. There’s a match in March and a rimfire match that sunday

Ive seen several guys run gas guns before. Usually 223. Come on down. There’s a match in March and a rimfire match that sunday
I'll try to make it out. My rifle is a 20" Larue, so pretty good for a .223 AR, but my best scope is only 6x with subtensions to 14.6 MOA, so it runs out of steam at around 600yd. I might pick up something better in time for the match depending on what I can learn and look through by then.

Reactions: jetjock07
I'll try to make it out. My rifle is a 20" Larue, so pretty good for a .223 AR, but my best scope is only 6x with subtensions to 14.6 MOA, so it runs out of steam at around 600yd. I might pick up something better in time for the match depending on what I can learn and look through by then.
You’ll need to register through practice score. Squad 2