• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Bavaria, Germany!

IAMAWIZARDDD

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2024
Germany
Hi there!

Thank you so much for accepting my request to join. I´m from Bavaria, Germany and recently got into competitive shooting. I´m especially interested in long range shooting and already got a lot of interesting insights from this forum. Oh and I´m also looking to get my hands on one of those sexy old-school AICS chassis for my .300 WM build. ;)

Greetings!
Nicolas

Gruss Gott!

I was stationed at Memmingen (my second USAF tour in Germany) and do miss your wonderful country. I hope you find the forums useful and welcome.

Welcome aboard!

I would love to see some photos of your ranges in Germany. I have had the fortune of shooting at an indoor range in Switzerland but never at an outdoor range.

Bro. Just moved here and trying to get bolt guns. I’m tracking hunter safety course is the way to go for license. You gonna shoot any matches over here?

Welcome aboard!

I would love to see some photos of your ranges in Germany. I have had the fortune of shooting at an indoor range in Switzerland but never at an outdoor range.
I bet I can get you some pictures of outdoor ranges during the summer ;)

Bro. Just moved here and trying to get bolt guns. I’m tracking hunter safety course is the way to go for license. You gonna shoot any matches over here?
So there are basically two ways to legally get firearms in Germany: One way is -as you said - to get a hunting licence, which allows you to purchase guns right after you passed the hunting exam. Usually people take their time with it an do it in a timespan of about a year, but there are also faster courses that can get you your licence within 2-3 weeks. I costs about 2000-3000 Euros and allows you to purchase up to 2 handguns and an infinite amount of rifles. A friend of mine is in in the US-Army stationed here in Germany and they even offered a shortened course for soldiers, which took him 2 month and cost a lot less. The other method is sport shooting, which I´m doing. For that you need to be a member of a shooting club for 1 year and have to take part in training either every month or 18 times irregularely over the year. Then you´re allowed to purchase up to 2 handguns, up to 3 semiautomatic rifles and up to 10 repeaters, but only up to 2 weapons every 6 month. So getting your hunting licence might be a bit more expensive and has more studying involved, but allows you to purchase guns earlier und is - after passing the exam - a lot more uncomplicated.
At the moment I´m only taking part in competition at my local gun club, since I´m not allowed to purchase my own weapon yet and am still using my friends guns (I´m only 6 month in in the process), but after that I´m planning to take part in different competitions in bavaria and maybe even in the rest of Germany. :)

Reactions: GeoDude
Welcome from Tampa Bay. FL!

I did visit Munich and Trier/Bitburg as well as Koln back in the 80's.