• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Cali.

HAJ6.5

Private
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2021
California
Hello everyone, I’m not new to the HIDE. However, I’am new as a member. I’ve received great information from the site and looking forward to getting feed back from all the knowledgeable members.

Shooting has always been my first love, however, I’ve been away from the sport and just recently started getting back into the game. I’m wanting to participate in PRS, ELR and 22lr competitions. I’m currently having two rifles built for the above mentioned disciplines, but it looks like California does not host many PRS or ELR competitions. Therfore, it looks like I’m going to have to travel. Maybe I’m not looking in the right place and hopefully I can get some feedback from you guys regarding PRS and ELR competitions in Cali.

I browsed the NRL Website and it appeares that all current competitions, for 2022, are scheduled for locations in Texas, Idaho and Colorado. I’m looking forward to traveling. I’ve already traded in my previous vehicle and purchased a new vehicle that will suit my travel and shooting needs for this adventure. I’m having a 6.5 PRC and 22lr built for competition use. I’ve been recently shooting my friends two Ruger Hawkeye Long Range rifles chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor and 6.5 PRC.

I really like the Creedmore, but I fell in love with 6.5 PRC. Therefore, that’s what drove me to chamber my custom build in 6.5 PRC. It looks like the majority of the PRS guys are using the small 6mm’s and the 6.5 Creedmore, and I totally understand why they’re using those chamberings. However, after shooting the 6.5 PRC, I felt like, with the right components, I could really compete with 6.5 PRC. I guess time will tell.

In regards to my 22lr build, I’m having a Vudoo Ravage Built with the new 360 3 Lug Action and new McMillan U-1 Stock. I’m really looking forward to running this rifle in competitions, and training with it.

I’m looking forward to hearing from the members and becoming apart of the Sniper’s Hide Community.

What part of California are, lots of here. I did a PRS match one morning out in Vegas, that was a kick, didn't come in last and it was my first match.

There are matches at Pala. Just depends where you are

Go to the “training” page and look for the Camp Pendalton entry.
Several matches in that area.

Thank you so much guys!!!! I will definitely try all of these venues. I’ve been waiting along time to get back into the sport. I’ve been collecting equipment and components for the last 2-1/2 years!!! It’s seems like it’s been taking along time to collect everything I need, but it’s finally coming together. I forgot how expensive this sport can get, but I’m divorced now, so I can spend money on my hobbie without getting bitched at, LOL!!!!

In regard to my rifle builds, I will be receiving my Vudoo 22lr in February 2022, so I will try a 22lr PRS/NLR Match first. My 6.5 PRC will be ready in June/July 2022. I’m still collecting components for my 338 Lapua build, which will be set up for ELR work. I’m looking forward to competing in PRS and ELR. Most of all, I’m looking forward to shooting again and hanging out with people who love to shoot.