• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Carnation, Washington

PrecisionInstrument

PrecisionInstrument
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2013
PNW, USA
Lurking and DMing since 2013. Was behind enemy lines (CA) for 15 years, then out of the US for a bit. Now back and gearing up to compete. Have everything except glass (should arrive end of Dec) and the skill to use it. Look forward to meeting WA folks next year at a match.

Reactions: Sheldon N
Welcome from the Olympic Peninsula! I spent some time in Duvall - the Snoqualmie River valley is beautiful.

Welcome! I'm in Monroe, just a couple miles away. The Sun Valley Shooting Park in Moxee has a great long range area with monthly matches.

Welcome! I'm in Monroe, just a couple miles away. The Sun Valley Shooting Park in Moxee has a great long range area with monthly matches.
Awesome, great to know. I've been building a list of ranges that look promising and already had this on the list. Too bad you can't subscribe to their calendar with Google calendar. I love it when ranges allow you to subscribe to their events so I can see everything going on in one view.

welcome from Eatonville Washington. Hopefully you can find some good spots to shoot up there

After living in anti-liberty Asian countries and California over the last 15 years, it is very refreshing to be in an area where the shooting sports as so readily available and active. Currently acquiring and setting up gear, and waiting for a hamstring injury to heal. Expect to start dialing in and exploring ranges this winter. Look forward to meeting folks around. I've forgotten almost all of my distance and precision rifle training, so going to need to start back at ground zero and find a good mentor, or classes, or both.

Might be tough to find any ranges up there with any distance. Your not too far from the east side though. I use a wind app with a forecast before I make the drive. Also make sure no fog.

Might be tough to find any ranges up there with any distance. Your not too far from the east side though. I use a wind app with a forecast before I make the drive. Also make sure no fog.
There is one near us that their waitlist is now 5-10 years out and I think it's 15k or something crazy for a membership. Outside of that, everything is < 300m most <=200m. There are many 650-1km ranges in a 3-6 hour driving ranges, E and SE of us. So totally doable.

Reactions: nealm66
It’s a tough time of year for going over the hump and not get fouled by the weather. I’ve got to deliver a 22 creed to a buddy in Moses lake for coyotes here pretty soon and get it dialed in to distance

I wasn’t really talking about the drive over, just the weather when you get there. I hate driving Jeep’s on slick roads. Give me a long wheelbase any day

I wasn’t really talking about the drive over, just the weather when you get there. I hate driving Jeep’s on slick roads. Give me a long wheelbase any day
Ah, okay. It's a 4door, and never been a problem on slick mountain roads. We've driven through everything from black ice to snow drifting higher than our Jeep. 2drs certainly have a much higher pucker factor with wind and ice.

Reactions: nealm66