• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Central Georgia!

Nate4641

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2019
Central GA
Greetings everyone! I'm a 9 year Marine vet (4641, 0933, 8156) and competitive shooter. I mostly shoot Steel Challenge and I'm sponsored by Steel Target Paint (let me know if you want a discount code), but I've done a few PRS matches and loved it.
Currently I'm using an RPR in 308 with a Razor Gen2 in MOS because I didn't know any better when I got both. They have worked out great so far, but I definitely realize now I should have gone with 6.5 and MRAD. I've been listening to the podcast non stop for a few weeks trying to get caught up and I've learned quite a bit so far. Unfortunately there are no long distance ranges within a reasonable drive near me so I don't get as much practice as I would like. I'm looking forward to learning more everyone here.

Attachments

• RPR.jpg
    RPR.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thanks! I love the way the rattle can wears over time, and it's only getting better. Although I am consistently the only one at the PRS matches I have gone to with a camo painted rifle lol

Initially, I wanted to do a new rattle can paint job for every hunting season. However, the paint scheme I did for the 2018-2019 season came out so good that I've kept it that way now. I also tend to think they get better with time. Almost like a battle-worn look.

20190123_074015.jpg
20181004_100428.jpg
IMG_20181205_153557_892.jpg

Welcome from upstate SC.

There is steel out to about 700 in Lexington GA and rumor has it that a range in Danielsville is going in out to 1,000 soon.

Initially, I wanted to do a new rattle can paint job for every hunting season. However, the paint scheme I did for the 2018-2019 season came out so good that I've kept it that way now. I also tend to think they get better with time. Almost like a battle-worn look.
That looks awesome! Well done.

Hey Nate welcome to the hide. I live in KY and working on my range. If you get up this way come out and shoot with me. I am new to the game also.

Reactions: Nate4641
Hey Nate welcome to the hide. I live in KY and working on my range. If you get up this way come out and shoot with me. I am new to the game also.
KY is a bit of drive for me, but I might take you up on that offer. I'm headed to Dead Zero in TN in March for a Steel Challenge match, and I'm going to try out their 1k range the day after competing. Thats like a 5-6 hour drive from where I'm at.

Welcome from South Georgia. Got 800 yards in my backyard. Maybe we can figure out how to get together.

Reactions: Nate4641
KY is a bit of drive for me, but I might take you up on that offer. I'm headed to Dead Zero in TN in March for a Steel Challenge match, and I'm going to try out their 1k range the day after competing. Thats like a 5-6 hour drive from where I'm at.
When I get my range done I be able to go from 0 to 1410 yards. It should be done by March. Right now my longest target is 750 yards.