• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello From Colorado Springs

Jerdie16

CG Bro
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2014
Goldsboro, NC
Hello Sniper's Hide members,

My name is Joe, I am not really a new member, but I haven't taken the opportunity to introduce myself on this thread. I am a relatively inexperienced long range shooter and am in the process of learning everything I can to get better. That being said, I like to shoot at the Cheyenne Mountain Shooting Complex on my free weekends if I am not hunting or working. If any of you are in the area and looking for a shooting buddy or feel like imparting long range shooting knowledge I'd be happy to meet you and shoot with you.

Hey Joe, I'm Dan. I also live in the Springs and also shoot at the Fort Carson range. Not an expert here by any means but I love precision rifles and the long range stuff. I am an engineer by trade but shooting and reloading are my hobby. I am planning on shooting tomorrow, probably around 10:00. I just got my Gradous-built .338 Norma Mag IMP and will be doing some fireforming. I will be on range 4 and my rifle has a light green camo McMillan stock.

Reactions: Jerdie16
Right on! Thanks for reaching out Dan.

I was planning on going tomorrow, not sure yet about when I'll be there, hopefully in the morning. Ill keep an eye out for you. I'm a relatively young looking guy, 23 years old. I'll have an accurized 10/22 in a grey magpul x-22 stock and a ar-10 wearing a vortex razor and suppressor.

I am in the military, shooting is more of a hobby than a job requirement for me. Like you interested in reloading and precision.

If you were at the range last weekend ladder testing. I think I may have been next to you shooting a .22lr. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, disregard.

Hopefully I'll see you out there

Very Respectfully,
Joe

Last edited:
Check out the club match at Cheyenne Mountain Range. I believe it is the second Saturday of the month. You will learn a lot more in one match than many, many range days. Good people and always willing to help new shooters.

Reactions: Jerdie16
Check out the club match at Cheyenne Mountain Range. I believe it is the second Saturday of the month. You will learn a lot more in one match than many, many range days. Good people and always willing to help new shooters.

I didnt even know this was a thing, ill have to check it out, thanks

Yeah I was there last Sunday afternoon breaking in the barrel of the same .338. I was on the far north end of range 4 at the last bench. I was the guy constantly cleaning my barrel haha. It's always cool to meet other people into this sport. Hopefully I will see you out there.

Hey guys, I am also in Colorado Springs and I am new to everything pretty much... (rifles, long range, reloading, etc.) I love it out here in the Springs. I have only been out here for about 3 years now, and the military will probably move my wife in the next year or so, but it is an amazing place!

I would love to meet up and learn with you guys at some point. $$$ is always tight, so I'm really trying to find a free place out here to shoot, though Cheyenne is pretty awesome. I hope to learn a lot here!

Hey guys, I am also in Colorado Springs and I am new to everything pretty much... (rifles, long range, reloading, etc.) I love it out here in the Springs. I have only been out here for about 3 years now, and the military will probably move my wife in the next year or so, but it is an amazing place!

I would love to meet up and learn with you guys at some point. $$$ is always tight, so I'm really trying to find a free place out here to shoot, though Cheyenne is pretty awesome. I hope to learn a lot here!

Awesome, welcome to the area. If you dont want to pay I know there is a free range up in woodland park, but for me the time and the gas money is worth the 8 dollars that is Fort Carson. Maybe there is something east of Peterson thats free

Awesome, welcome to the area. If you dont want to pay I know there is a free range up in woodland park, but for me the time and the gas money is worth the 8 dollars that is Fort Carson. Maybe there is something east of Peterson thats free

Lol thanks for having me!

I really don't mind paying, it's just sometimes it is nice to, say, swing by somewhere on the way home from work to try out a new test load... 5-10 shots and then home, no distractions, no waiting, no being pelted by the semi auto 22 rimfire pistol to your left, and no guy beside shooting his .50BMG with a tank brake! At a range, you have to wait 5 minutes in line to pay,10 minutes for the shooting lane to clear, then 5 minutes for people to hang targets, then 30 minutes or so of shooting, then you are allowed to go get your target all assuming that there are even any lanes open for your type of firearm.

It's not really that big of a deal, 5-10 minutes one place... 45-60 at the other... sometimes it's just nice to have a place you can shoot tannerite.

Welcome, we have Fclass on the western slope as well as PRS style in Rifle CO. Soon, the Cameo shooting facility will open and it will host it all.

Welcome, we have Fclass on the western slope as well as PRS style in Rifle CO. Soon, the Cameo shooting facility will open and it will host it all.
That's awesome! It's a great area out here for it!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Glad to see more Colorado Springs shooters joining us. Welcome! If I can be of any assistance, feel free to shoot me a PM