• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Colorado

Slo cat

VHPA đại úy
Minuteman
  • Nov 5, 2011
    Corner of "Walk" and "Don't Walk"
    I am happy to find this site, where Long Range Shooting info and assistance is abundant.

I intend to take a four day precision rifle shooting class that requires each student have a rifle/scope combo that can shoot 1 MOA. Thinking that this is also an opportunity to get into PRS matches, I bought what meets the course requirements and also amounts to an entry level equipment combo for PRS. I just received my new Tikka T3x Tac A1 in 6.5 Creedmoor and a SWFA SS 10x Milrad scope. And my free third 10 round mag is on the way.

I have been reloading since the mid 1980's, build FAL rifles as a hobby, and for a short while tried my hand in Service Rifle with a White Oak AR upper on a RR lower with a Gieselle trigger, before the new rules came out. But some eye problems dictate that I shoot scoped rifles. During the large rifle primer shortage a few years ago, I found a way to reprime Berdan .308 brass, loading a couple of thousand for myself.

It is fun investigating and researching the gear for PRS competition. I am no stranger to competition in pistol having earned CMP distinguished pistol, dist. .22 rimfire pistol, President's 100 and NRA dist. revolver. I also shoot IDPA matches and have tried a few 3G matches. It is exciting to be getting into a new discipline. I've found that there are several PRS matches in the Colorado front range area each month, and I will be looking to attend some of these. BTW, I will be attending the SHOT Show this month. I got media creds. While there, I hope to get Ryan Cleckner to autograph my copy of his Long Range Shooting Handbook.

I plan to lurk here and pick up as much info as I can.

Best Regards,
    Slo cat

PS: I forgot that I joined this site in 2011 but never posted here.

Last edited:
    Welcome to the site! I am just south of Durango. Lots of good LR shooting around here. I am also looking to make the jump and do some PRS matches this year.

I shoot mostly at Sterling. Local range goes out to 1000 yds. I shoot up on the Grasslands some also and plink a lot of prairie dogs.