• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Czech Republic

mufanek

Private
Minuteman
Feb 17, 2022
Czech Republic
Hello everyone from Czech Republic,

I am about to take test to get my gun licence, so I guess it's time. Started lurking on reddit longrage.
Used to go shooting with my dad, he stopped going, but I feel in love with making small groups of holes into paper and plan to carry on.

Sadly I don't get the long ranges or the popularity of this sport here. Guess I will stick to .22 which just feels right given the limitations.

Dreaming about a custom bolt action build and being able to try to hit that 1km shot one day, would be easier to get a unicorn now that I think of it :D .

... and I am talking too much again, just me being me.

Last edited:
Probably going to want something bigger than a .22 just sayin.

Should have specified a bit. So at least for now. The ranges don't go past 300 meters very often and I am not allowed to shoot anywhere outside, even if I owned the land and everything around me for kilometers away. Also with more guns you need to have better way of storing them, which can be limiting in a few ways. Also imported guns can get so expensive and CZ is right there with its 457 for now.

I am not allowed to shoot anywhere outside, even if I owned the land and everything around me for kilometers away.

What kind of law is this? There is zero recreational shooting on one's own property in the Czech Republic?

What kind of law is this? There is zero recreational shooting on one's own property in the Czech Republic?
Yes, officially you can't shoot on any or even your property, only on officially "appointed" shooting ranges (don't know how to word that better). Unless you are hunting, and even then it's usually safety oriented, short range, in a group. And I know only about 3 ranges longer than 500 meters, 2 of them being private making them nearly impossible to "use", not so far in the past the ranges allowing for at least 180 degrees were unheard of. It all comes down to the distances here being much shorter, in generall I mean.

But I feel more limited by the market more than where to shoot.

It's interesting how 2 gun cultures that evolved apart can be so different.

PS: this is talking from a normal person perspective, I am sure some contractor/security companies have their own private do thats, but even then nothing regarding long range.

I visited the Czech Republic about 10 years ago, very beautiful country and friendly people. It seemed that they were very adament about keeping freedoms to own guns moreso than the rest of Europe, although it is a bit more restricted than here in the USA (well, most of it anyway). It sounds like there are more opportunities to shoot handguns since it does not require as much open space. Anyway, good luck and happy shooting! Even a 22 is better than nothing.

Reactions: mufanek
Welcome from Texas!

You are more than welcome to come here and shoot! Practice up with what you can and then later on when you are prepared we can help you plan a trip to get some distance shooting in.

Reactions: mufanek
Welcome. I had the opportunity to visit Czech Republic a few years back - had great time.

and CZs are cool :cool: !!!

welcome from delaware ain't nothing wrong with a 22lr , people are making longer and longer shots with them the furthest I have heard so far is 1k so I am positive someone has shot further than that . and for the cost per round that's going to be hard to beat .