• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Dirigo

Charmingmander

Well-read Lurker
Minuteman
  • Aug 26, 2019
    Pine Tree State
    Just realized I never made a new member introduction.

Long time lurker. Novice shooter. Since my teens I've tried to lurk many gun forums, video sites, etc to learn as much as I can about various weapons and live vicariously through those with more experience or means than my own. I'm open to both constructive criticism and learning opportunities.

I've built, bought and sold a bunch of guns over the last decade. I'm just a cunt hair short of 30 but still haven't settled on any brands or types. Most of what I have cycled through is various AR builds and haven't given myself time to commit to a decent starter bolt gun and work on serious marksmanship (partially because finding a range or place to shoot that exceeds 100 yards is difficult in my AO).

I do have a fair amount of experience with a bunch of different handguns and some milsurps but mostly AR's so that is where I will have the most comments to make (I've owned far too many over the last 10 years from LaRue to PSA to Daniel Defense to building my own HK416 clone back when parts were available and a good dozen or so more builds). I've also been able to try a lot of different optics from the Japanese and Chinese OEMs so I have some experience there too.

Reactions: Makinchips208