• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Germany

cheng1962

Private
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2013
Germany
Hello all,
I've been reading this forum for a couple months, so I decided to register and introduce myself.
I'm a retired USAF working in Germany. I live close to the Luxemberg border so I shoot mostly in Luxemberg, sometimes in France. I shoot mostly service rifle, but also take part in scoped rifle matches.
My normal range is 100m, whenever I get the chance to shoot 300m I am happy. Plan to make at least one trip a year to Bisley, england to shoot 800, 900 and 1000yds.
I have a tube gun on order from Gary, and a Pierce action/Broughton 30'' barrel in order from Pierce in 260 REM. I am really looking forward to shooting it.
I plan in using 139 Scenars, Lapua cases. I have lots of N140 so I will ask for help in load development, but for now I am just reading to learn.

cheng1962

Welcome to the Hide and thanks for your service. Sounds like you have great exposure to multiple locations for shooting throughout Europe. I think you have the experience and gear to get off to a great start here.