• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Indiana

Oh man, I’m sorry I asked… :ROFLMAO:

For real though, if you have thick enough skin to hang around, SH is a great place. Lots of solid info here!
Hey, there ain't no place better than Nortwest Indiana. Gary, steel mills, murders, pollution. We got it all! Lol Good to be on the forum. Looking forward to learning more about reloading and weapons in general.

• Haha
Reactions: Basher
Hey, there ain't no place better than Nortwest Indiana. Gary, steel mills, murders, pollution. We got it all! Lol Good to be on the forum. Looking forward to learning more about reloading and weapons in general.
Just like Chicago, without the TAXES

Hey, there ain't no place better than Northwest Indiana. Gary, steel mills, murders, pollution. We got it all! Lol Good to be on the forum. Looking forward to learning more about reloading and weapons in general.

Just like Chicago, without the TAXES

Not quite.

I've traveled through the Gary, Hammond, & the East Chicago area on Amtrak (first the old "Broadway Ltd" train and then the Lake Shore Ltd). The first thing that hit me was the old Inland Steel works. And the train would go right through the center of it because it was also a freight route. Cloudy, Smoky, smelly... totally horrible. But, hey, it kept many employed so... The Broadway LTD's first stop after Chicago would be Gary anyway. There was also the "Gary Works" (operated by US Steel) as well but I think you see more of that on the way to South Bend (1st stop) on the LakeShore Ltd. But this was several decades ago (early 80's). Inland Steel was shut down in 1998.

Now, I understand US Steel has been sold to Japan (not sure if that has gone through, yet). And I'm not sure how it will affect the Gary Works, but we'll see.