• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Italy

caio77

Private
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2021
italy
Hi mate !
this is Caio from Italy , i'm a longrange beginner and i hope i can find a beatiful community in order to learn from you .
thank you very much

Reactions: Evolution 9
Ciao!

What region are you from?

My wife is from southern Italy, enjoys shooting precision rifles with me, but claims there are not a lot of places to shoot long range there. If you could share your experience with ranges there it would be appreciated.

Reactions: caio77
ciao Marshall,
i live close to the mountain in the north of Italy ( como lake ) , but all my parents come from south Italy ( calabria and puglia ) .
In this moment we don't have a lot of places for long range distance and we need to move 60 to 100 km . But on 2021 here westart the PRS championship so a lot of people are moving in this direction and open more shooting range . We have some area dedicated to hunt that we can use for training and competition too but is not easy of course like in US or Canada i know :) but is my passions since 14year ( now 43 years old ) so is not a problem , i can manage , i want to manage

ciao Marshall,
i live close to the mountain in the north of Italy ( como lake ) , but all my parents come from south Italy ( calabria and puglia ) .
In this moment we don't have a lot of places for long range distance and we need to move 60 to 100 km . But on 2021 here westart the PRS championship so a lot of people are moving in this direction and open more shooting range . We have some area dedicated to hunt that we can use for training and competition too but is not easy of course like in US or Canada i know :) but is my passions since 14year ( now 43 years old ) so is not a problem , i can manage , i want to manage
I have been close- drove thru Varese on the way to Zurich 😎

Where will the PRS matches be held? Is there a schedule posted online?

Yes , we have an official web site now www.precisionrifleseriesitalia.com and here you can find the schedule for entire 2021 championship . Of course hopefully that COVID situation going better .... :-(
My Italian isn't so good so my wife helped me translate a little. It looks like one of the matches is about 30 mins from her parent's home.

Maybe I could plan a visit around one of the matches 🤔

Do you know what the legalities are of a non-Italian citizen shooting? One Italian told me that the ranges won't let you shoot unless you are a citizen.

My Italian isn't so good so my wife helped me translate a little. It looks like one of the matches is about 30 mins from her parent's home.

Maybe I could plan a visit around one of the matches 🤔

Do you know what the legalities are of a non-Italian citizen shooting? One Italian told me that the ranges won't let you shoot unless you are a citizen.
uhmm have not idea Marshall , i think it depends on licence/permission or maybe because it's italian's championship and you should register here in our local championship . Basically there are not international matches on 2021 because covid and because it's the first year for us but we will have on 2022 in Europe and i think all the people coming from everywhere can partecipate for sure because the matches are PRS international ,so no matter if you are from us or from italy . These is only my assume , i'm only a shooter but if you want i can find an email from organization for you .
Sorry if my english is not perfect :p but hope it's enough clear just to understand the meaning :)

Reactions: MarshallDodge