• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Los Angeles, CA

hunterb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 10, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Hello everybody!

Long time lurker on these boards for the wealth of information on rifles. I have been shooting pistols and small caliber rifles for some time, and recently have gotten bitten by the long-range rifle bug.
Purchased my first bolt-action rifle and am looking to start long-range shooting.

Got a Remington 700 5R .308, and a SWFA SS 3-15x42 FFP scope ordered.

I've only shot 600 yard steel so far, but that was with AR variants chambered in .223
I'm excited to start shooting further with a bigger caliber.

My brother also reloads which is HUGE for me. He is already making me some custom loads with Sierra Matchking 175grain bullets and Hodgdon Varget powder.

Pick up my rifle in 7 days. I took the day off work so I could go to the range when my waiting period is over : )
Excited to be a new member of this great shooting community!

Hi,
I'm in the same boat. I bought a Remington 700 5R .308, 20" threaded barrel last week and won't be ready to pick up for another 5 more days.
This is my first precision rifle but have been shooting .22LR, AR-15 and AK-47 for several years. Looking forward to venture into the 300 yds range. :)
I'm very glad to find this site and looking forward to learn more from the community.

Took my new bolt action out and had a blast. What a rifle! I also discovered I need a limb saver for my dainty shoulder. After about a hundred rounds it started to hurt a bit. Here's a pic of my first 8-shot group at 100 yards after mounting the scope and sighting in for about 6 rounds.

PSX_20140221_153958.jpg