• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Michigan!

Danco411

Arclight Precision
Minuteman
Recently new member but long time stalker. Been around the block a few times but really got into the long range game only recently. I live in Fenton Michigan north of Detroit and belong to our local Sportsmans Club. We only have a 100yd range but it's good enough for load development and testing. I recenly joined the Marksmanship Training Center in Lake City Michigan which has a 1K UKD range and will soon have a 1K KD range. Before joining the farthest I had to shoot was 500 yards in a cow field at a friends house.

Im big time into reloading and building very nice rifles. I'm a billet and bullet whore. LOL I love billet AR recievers and love shopping for bullets more than my wife likes shopping for shoes. I have a 15 year old son who is really getting into shooting. He loves pistols and is wicked good with his M&P 9 and now his Kimber Warrior 1911. He will start shooting IDPA this year and probably 3gun. He is pretty good with a rifle too but not yet better than the old man. With pistols it's not even close he kicks my butt every time. It is really awesome to have your shooter/spotter partner being your teenage son. He is just so awesome. 4.0 in school and loves to shoot with the old man.

I have met some of the coolest people in the shooting sports. I have made many good friends in the reloading community and now the rifle community. I'm not rich by any means so I usually build a nice rifle, shoot it and then sell it to build another. It is very addicting!

Hope to contribute here on the hide.

Regards,

Dan

Hi Dan, I'm in the Ann Arbor area.

I went to MTC on their opening day in May last year, but haven't made it out since, because it's quite a haul to Lake City.

Over to your East is the Blue Water club, and I think they have 600 yard NRA-type (with pit service) matches, and to your south in Ypsi is the Washtenaw Sportmans club. They use their 600 yard range quite a bit. Events schedule can be found at wsclub.org. There is a once/month long range prone match, with 5 shots for record @ 200, then 300, 400, 500 and 600. There will be 3x600 F class matches throughout the spring, summer and fall. All of that is open to all - not just members. Also open to the public is the 600 yard range for practice every wednesday afternoon (during daylight savings months) till 8:00 PM. Cost is $5. You must take a turn in the pits for each turn you spend on the line.

Also, there is Thunder Valley Precision (TVP) about 5 hours south of you in Kimbolton OH, which is god knows how many acres littered with steel. My shooting partner and I try to make it down there once a month or so. If your'e interested in coming with, shoot me a PM.