• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Nor-Cal

MS660Magnum

Private
Minuteman
Jun 27, 2020
Good afternoon everyone, and thank you for all of the great information I’ve already aquired over the years lurking around this forum board; so much that now I think it’s finally time for me to create an account.

I’m a firefighter by trade, and live on the Northern coast of California (well north of SF and LA, thank you). A few years ago, a friend brought me to a private property to shoot out to 850 yards. Previously I had only ever shot to 200yds at the local range. That day I used my trusty R700 SPS in .308 and Leupold VX-3 to hit a ground squirrel at 704yds (a lucky shot in hindsight). Since then the hook has been set deep and I’ve been addicted to more and more long range precision shooting.

I hunt (but not a ton), and I shoot (but never competitively). I’m mostly here to keep learning and to find a place where I can ask questions of experts, and to humbly contribute where I can.

Welcome to another left Coaster from Middle Georgia. That wasn't luck, just good fortune to "set" the hook. Now reel in the knowledge and enjoy going deep in the pool of experience here and add to it so you pay it forward. Brother, it's always good to have a first responder here, and over the last 50 years I've learned that I only compete against myself. When in the bubble, the crap of the world falls away and for just a moment, til the trigger breaks, all is right with the world. Hope you find what you need here. Thanks for what you do, and stay safe Brother...