• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from North Dakota

C. Smith

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2020
Greetings all from the heart of the oilfields in North Dakota.

I'm new to the Hide but have been following posts and information on here for years and today, I decided to join. As with most on here, I started out knowing absolutely nothing and over the past few decades, I can proudly say I have at least doubled my knowledge to knowing a little bit about nothing. I am full of great ides, mostly bad ones, but great none the less. I have seen a few things and done a couple things, but frankly, I have messed up and screwed up virtually everything I possibly could. So I guess I'm a wealth of knowledge of what not to do and what won't work.

But in all seriousness, I am a Sgt. and K9 officer overseeing our departments K9 program in the heart of the oilfields so I spend most of my time working and very little time for myself, so I come to places like this to seek out information on new projects and share what I've messed up or gotten to work to bring back and hold onto a little bit of sanity.

So, thank you for accepting me to the group and I look forward to many discussions about really bad ideas and things I just shouldn't try!

Welcome from CO

Welcome from AZ.
I was originally from the oil patch in ND, but now hang out in the desert.

Nice to see a few others in or having been from the Nodak area. I've lived and worked here for 8 years now and though the closest thing to home for me is Wisconsin, I still can't stand the cold. Give me the jungle or desert any day as my body doesn't hurt in either of them and the wind can stop at any time.