• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Northeast Ohio...LOVE THIS SITE !!!

G-Hog Sniper

Private
Minuteman
Sep 21, 2014
I just joined today and I am by NO MEANS as good as you guys you are your WEALTH OF INFORMATION is INCREDIBLE one of the best sites I have run across ..The only SNIPER I am is GROUNDHOG SNIPER :) it's my PASSION ..I really like my Savage rifles I own a Savage Mark 2 TR .22 Long Rifle ...Savage 112 FV .223 ...Savage 112 FV 22-250 and my go to gun PLEASE DON'T LAUGH :) Savage Mark 2 TR .17 HMR Last year I shot 168 G-Hogs with this rifle it is DEADLY ACCURATE ...I use Hornady 17 grain V-MAX ...I am not gonna lie you HAVE TO hit them in the HEAD or they run to the hole every time... I got the privilege to work with an ARMY SNIPER that severed in Afghanistan ...I HAVE TO SAY HE TAUGHT ME SOOOOO MUCH from breathing ...trigger pull...wind reading and SOOOO MUCH MORE ...I have been reading this Forum for the past week or so and I have to say GREAT JOB GUY'S KEEP UP THE GREAT POST !!!

Is their any of you that live in the Northeast Ohio area that like to shoot LONG RANGE ???...I have MANY long range hay fields with one field that offers shots over 1,000 yards at Groundhogs I am the ONLY one that has access to these fields well over 3,000 acres of PRIVATE PROPERTY ACCESS if you want to get out and not see other hunters ...let me know if you would like to hook up and shoot would like to get to know others that share the same passion for LONG RANGE SHOOTING ...Hope to meet up with a few of you seems like a GREAT site and a BUNCH of very knowledge people ...THANKS AGAIN FOR LETTING ME JOIN :)

welcome to the fold ,G-hog!1000 yards sounds like great fun.keep shootin , listening and reading. you'll make a great Hider!
Dave

Welcome to the Hide G-Hog! I can see your passion for precision shooting just by reading your introduction, and that in itself makes me want to get out there and put in some time behind a rifle. There really is a wealth of information on this site, and that is why I decided to join as well.

I too am a fellow Ohio shooter and live just southeast of Columbus. One of my favorite little rifles to plink with is also a 17HMR, the Savage 93R17. If the wind is not bad it is deadly accurate out to 200 yards!

Not sure if you are familiar with some of the ranges here in Ohio, but I typically go to Briar Rabbit in Zanesville, or Rayners Range in Blue Rock. I would be more than happy to make a drive northeast to meet up for a shoot sometime and ring some steel plates long range, or try my luck at some groundhogs.

Neo ...Sounds good send me a private message with your # and we will see when we can hook up always a GREAT TIME Groundhog hunting