• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from NoVa

hpo

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2020
Hello... First post. Hugh from NoVa. Huge into bow hunting and turkey hunting.

Well, I have previously (almost) been into LR shooting in the past but never followed through. I have shot bolt guns out to 400 but not farther. In the Mil, obv shot expert with iron sights out to 300 with the AR. Work has afforded me many rifle/pistol courses but nothing more.

Anyway, decided to follow through with the LR shooting and signed up with my brother for a BangSteel class in May. I had a Savage 308 that my little brother wanted and I sold it to him however, he has not put more than 20 yards down a rifle in his life. The Savage model 10 I sold to my brother is killer-I waited over a year for the slow dude from Stockade to get me a PDT stock and he also bedded the action in. Pleased with the results and it's topped with a Vortex 6-24x50 PST. Took my lil bro shooting today and we zeroed everything to him at an indoor 100y range, after about 60 rounds, he was tightening his groups-I was very pleased, looks to be MOA-. Of course I had to place 3 down the tube, and yep, still a killer. Looked to be about .25 or so. No need for rulers.

Anyway, wanted to intro, tell a good story, and share a bit. Enjoy!

Attachments

• SOB Savage model10 14MAR20.jpg
    SOB Savage model10 14MAR20.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 12
  • HPOSavageMod10 14MAR20.jpg
    HPOSavageMod10 14MAR20.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 15