• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Oregon

ZeeJay

Licensed Lurker
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2019
Orygun
I’ve been a hunter for the past 20+ years and have recently taken interest in long range shooting with an eye towards applying that skill to hunts. This seems to be the place for all things distance shooting related so now I’m taking it all in. I put together a budget rifle to learn with and I’m really enjoying the addiction. Hope to learn and share what I can, great to be here.

Reactions: TC Campbell
Welcome to the Hide! Yes, this is a great place to sharpen one's education on the long-range challenges. However, as you delve into it, be mindful about the ethics of attempting to take game at long range. How will your bullet perform at long range? What's the chance of wounding an animal rather than getting a clean kill? Many shooters I've read and agree that 600 yards is their self imposed limit for big game under ideal conditions. I'm inclined to put myself in that camp as well. Under the right conditions, shooting vermin further out would be OK.