• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Poland

Smiglans

Private
Minuteman
Mar 31, 2020
Poland
Hello all!
I come from Poland. I have been reading snipershide forum for years, thank you for the great knowledge available here. I’m LR shooter, I also shoot IPSC, 3gun and in the past Olympic competitions. I’m reloader and military guy:)
Shooting is my passion.
Here is my 308 custom babe: rem700 platform with Peter Kuna 28" 1:10 barrel, ZP5, AICS .

Greetings to all and wish you all accurate long shots.
Bartlomiej

Attachments

• DSC_0111 (3).JPG
    DSC_0111 (3).JPG
    351.6 KB · Views: 73
Hello and welcome from the northwest corner of the U.S. that’s a good looking rig you have there and an even more interesting looking bolt handle. Please let us know know more about yourself and your shooting habits, we love all types of firearms here and are not just limited to precision style rifles. Also if you would be so kind as to let us know what the firearm laws are like in your country as we are always wanting to learn about cultures that differ from our own.

Reactions: Threadcutter308
About firearm laws in general and in a nutshell:)
The law is not as liberal as in some states, but it is not very strict either. You need a weapon license. There are several types of weapon license you can get:
Sports, collectible, hunting, self-defense, persons and property protection etc. In most cases, you must meet criteria such as psychological test, membership in a shooting / collector's association etc. Military&LE personnel are dismissed from some of them (e.g. psychological test). I have got collectible for 10 and sport license for 8 guns. if I would like buy more than 18 guns, I would have to apply for the extension of the current license.
Going back to Your question about bolt handle. Its custom made by known gunsmith in Poland. Rail is 20 MOA. I am shooting now sierra 195 TMK with VARGET ( approx. 805m/s) with good results. Gun is definitely under 0.5MOA. Unfortunately Extreme Powders are forbidden now because of European Union new regulations (environment issues as I remember, Europe is really weird:)). I also have got DDM4V7 with RAZOR II 1-6x, Mossberg930 and BUL SASII SAW pistol and still want to buy some friends for them.
I am nonnative speaker, but I hope it’s clear.

Last edited:
Cześć!

Not that they are precision guns but Im interested in what kind of guns the Nazis and the Commies left in Poland, hopefully besides their dead decaying bodies, and if those guns are available to you as a collector.

Your English is fantastic compared to my Polish.

I do know Kielbasa.

There is a lot of WW2 guns on the market like mosins, mausers, ppsh but i think Germany have got bigger second hand old guns market, even if I want to buy polish made VIS pistol:) Check https://egun.de/ or http://www.armybazar.eu/ (the portal has national departments polski | slovensky | cesky | magyar | deutsch | UK) if you are interested in. Of course it’s easy to buy soviet style guns, different variants of AK an others kind of platforms: Bulgarian, Polish, Russian, Yugoslavian etc. Sometimes you can find Russian military SVD. Most of them are not used and they come from demobilization magazines, I do not know how they reach the market (of course legally).

FYI. Collector's license does not mean that you are only interested in the old original classics. You can collect modern weapons as well. To be honest it’s an easy and quick way for some people to get their first weapon license.

Nice to read Polish, wish You tasty sausages!

Last edited:
I hope I found a good forum .....;)

You did.

You just need to be able to separate the pearls of wisdom from the BS.

It will be easy to do if you avoid the Bear Pit but the Bear Pit can be great fun.

and.....

On a serious note...

Sincere thanks to Poland. Your country has been a pretty solid friend to America since coming through the Curtain.

I hope our political leadership does not screw your country as is their typical political expediency to do.

Reactions: Tchitcherine
Welcome! It is a good thing we do not have a psychological test here in the US. Otherwise, many SH members would be disqualified ;)

Reactions: Gatorshark
Last edited:
Reactions: equilibrium
Did some biz in Poland ~10 yrs back - great people, great food, and a wonderful place - stayed in Gdynia - clients took me to a disco in Sopot and stopped at a brothel on the way back - we just had drinks and surveyed the merchandise, but those Baltic chicks sure were purty! Seemed very hospitable as well :LOL:

Hello from Las Vegas. I spent a month in Łódź for an Air Force exercise when I was stationed overseas. It was a super fun town with a lot of good food. The Polish military were super friendly. Good to have you here on the Hide. Happy shooting!

About firearm laws in general and in a nutshell:)
The law is not as liberal as in some states, but it is not very strict either. You need a weapon license. There are several types of weapon license you can get:
Sports, collectible, hunting, self-defense, persons and property protection etc. In most cases, you must meet criteria such as psychological test, membership in a shooting / collector's association etc. Military&LE personnel are dismissed from some of them (e.g. psychological test). I have got collectible for 10 and sport license for 8 guns. if I would like buy more than 18 guns, I would have to apply for the extension of the current license.
Going back to Your question about bolt handle. Its custom made by known gunsmith in Poland. Rail is 20 MOA. I am shooting now sierra 195 TMK with VARGET ( approx. 805m/s) with good results. Gun is definitely under 0.5MOA. Unfortunately Extreme Powders are forbidden now because of European Union new regulations (environment issues as I remember, Europe is really weird:)). I also have got DDM4V7 with RAZOR II 1-6x, Mossberg930 and BUL SASII SAW pistol and still want to buy some friends for them.
I am nonnative speaker, but I hope it’s clear.
Smiglans, witamy z zachodniego Waszyngtonu, niedaleko El-Wood. Twój angielski jest całkiem dobry, bardzo zrozumiały.

(My Google translate, English to Polish is also quite good, yes ? :ROFLMAO: )

GO POLAND!!

9826713-2.jpg

Your country kicks ass! Keep up your excellent, patriotic immigration policies and you might be able to save Europe from the Ottomans again like in 1683.

Reactions: Smiglans
(My Google translate, English to Polish is also quite good, yes ? :ROFLMAO: )
Excellent.

Very nice to read so many greetings. On more time thanks!

BTW. If anyone likes history, read about the Polish-Russian war 1609-1618, especially the years 1610-1612. You will find out why November 7 established a day of national unity celebrated in Russia.

Reactions: clcustom1911
Hi,

Can you please advise as to what the opinions/rumors are there in Poland in regards to how successful the coming MSPO exhibition is going to be?
I noticed they have not officially cancelled it but does Poland still expect a proper and successful turnout of visitors and exhibitors?

Sincerely,
Theis

At the moment, the MSPO trade fair is to take place as planned in the original date. I haven't read or heard any rumors about any restrictions (If I find out anything, I can let you know). A lot depends on the situation and probably the exhibitors themselves. I hope that by this time we will be back to normal.

Last edited: