• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hello from Romania

mev

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2014
Hi guys, I'm Matei, from Romania.

I've been lurking on&off since a few years ago and rather regularly since a few months ago.

Until now I've been shooting just IPSC Handgun matches, but I'm looking forward to getting into rifles, and the Hide seems to be one of the best resources about rifles that I was able to find on the net.

What made me take the plunge and register was the lawsuit that the Hide got hit with. I want to help support the effort to defend the Hide and the ability of any reviewer to be truthful in what he or she writes or says.

The rifle shooting bug is addicting; took my son-in-law to shoot his hunting rifle at 1,000 yds, and he hit the gong 2-for-2 at 250 yds, 500 yds, and 750 yds. For my money, it was over at that point, but he wanted to launch at 1,000 yds (shooting Berger 185 VLD at 2700 fps), so despite a variable 3-14 mph crosswind, he hit 2-for-5 and now he's a self-professed addict. He said it was more fun than hunting.
Jim

I was similarly hooked after I shot a gun the first time. Celebrated my new-found addiction by running a medium IPSC course of fire and expending some 100 rounds that first day. Never looked back since:).