• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Socal

pewpeweric

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2020
Hello all,

My name is Eric. I recently delved into the sport of long range shooting...well not exactly yet...all I have is a rifle (Bergara BMP14 in 6.5CM). I am still missing some other key components such as a scope, bipod, and all other small parts required to get my gun going. I hope to learn much from this page.

I have been shooting USPSA for the past 6 years and am still actively shooting handgun/2gun/3gun competitions in the Socal region. All I was missing was the bolt gun.

Excited to be here, thanks y'all.

Reactions: Silvereyes87
Welcome, I would suggest getting into reloading seeing how restrictive CA is with ammo. I left there in 2010. When I lived in San Pedro, Los Angeles had their stupid ammo restrictions. Even though San Pedro was part of LA companies would still ship ammo to me. Now being a state wide thing it would suck. Good luck With your long range shooting.

Welcome, I would suggest getting into reloading seeing how restrictive CA is with ammo. I left there in 2010. When I lived in San Pedro, Los Angeles had their stupid ammo restrictions. Even though San Pedro was part of LA companies would still ship ammo to me. Now being a state wide thing it would suck. Good luck With your long range shooting.
Getting ammo is definitely restrictive now...I do plan on reloading but I'll stick to buying factory for now, it's definitely a lot easier and less time consuming. I do plan on saving all my brass though, so that will help get me started.

Matches every month at Westend gun club, Pala (San Diego PRC) and at Camp Pendleton (Santa Margarita Gun Club). There are quite a few options these days in SoCal.

Welcome aboard.

Reactions: clcustom1911
Welcome,

In addition to the excellent recommendations mentioned above, I've also heard about a range called Angeles that's supposed to be very nice as well.

There is Burro Canyon range outside of LA. Angeles Shooting range has steal out too 700 yards if I remember correctly, it’s been 10 years since I have been there.

Welcome from a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean not yet infested with CORONA ,atleast that's what the libs around here keep telling us.
And forgot to mention by way of (SoCal) where i grew up.

Matches every month at Westend gun club, Pala (San Diego PRC) and at Camp Pendleton (Santa Margarita Gun Club). There are quite a few options these days in SoCal.

Welcome aboard.
Thank you sir! I have heard of the Pala and Pendleton ones. I would like to get to a Pendleton match one of these days but I work mon-fri and cant get down there for a guest pass :( I am closer to Piru which has just started up PRS matches. Ill take a look at the Westend one! How often are you at those matches?

Welcome,

In addition to the excellent recommendations mentioned above, I've also heard about a range called Angeles that's supposed to be very nice as well.
Im very close to Angeles. It reaches out to 600-650. All uphill shooting though. Thanks!

There is Burro Canyon range outside of LA. Angeles Shooting range has steal out too 700 yards if I remember correctly, it’s been 10 years since I have been there.
Burro and Angeles are nice. Angeles has a better array of steel targets out to 650. I dont recall there being 700 yards at Burro though.

Burro and Angeles are nice. Angeles has a better array of steel targets out to 650. I dont recall there being 700 yards at Burro though.

They didn’t have steel back when I went there. I was able to set up a paper target at the 500 yards range. That’s only available when LEO aren’t using it.

They didn’t have steel back when I went there. I was able to set up a paper target at the 500 yards range. That’s only available when LEO aren’t using it.
I know LAPD comes in every other thursday after 12pm and then they close it off. From what I know now, if youre gonna set paper up past 200yd, you better be able to run; otherwise you have the entire shooting line waiting for you to haul your body back down the hill LOL But yeah, they have steel targets set up out there now.

Reactions: Shooter McGavin
I know LAPD comes in every other thursday after 12pm and then they close it off. From what I know now, if youre gonna set paper up past 200yd, you better be able to run; otherwise you have the entire shooting line waiting for you to haul your body back down the hill LOL But yeah, they have steel targets set up out there now.

Sorry, my comment was for Burro Canyon. Angeles has steal targets when I shot there.

Reactions: pewpeweric
Hi, Eric.

I'm from LA as well. Which long range shooting do you go to?
I actually havent shot a single long range match yet. Only 3gun and USPSA right now. Ill probably hit up the Piru matches out in ventura off of the 126 just outside of castaic

Welcome, if you are up for a drive Pala has steel out to 870.