• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hello from Sugar Land Texas Marine Corps DAV

ravrav7

Private
Minuteman
Feb 21, 2013
I just wanted to take a minute and say hello. My name is Ray and I live in Sugar land Texas. I appreciate all the great information the site has to offer. I am looking at getting into my first sniper rifle build.

I had one question. Is there any difference in the actions from a youth model rifle to an adult model? I see all the posts talking about building off of the Remington 700 platform or the savage actions. I was just curious if you could save some money buy buying a youth model and then build off of it.

Anyway, I digress, Hope all is well with everyone and thank you too all of you who have served our country. Your service is much appreciated.

Ray

Welcome, I am sure you will get your answer about the action,lots of competent builders here, I think the primary difference is the length of the stock,and nothing to do with the action,but you will get a better answer.Where you from?(before Marines)

Last edited:
As far as the action is concerned as long as it is a 700 and not the model 7 or the older 660 action. I know the big R was offering a ladies model a few ten years ago in 243, and 7-08 with a blind mag and 18-22"? barrel.

Oh and welcome to the hide. Lurked here myself for a few years before I finally registered.

North Central Texas welcome. The only difference in a youth model is the length of pull. I've had 2 rifles built from youth models I picked up cheap.