• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Tennessee

s3cr3tsqrrl

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2014
West TN
Hello all, been lurking for some time, signed up today.. I have been shooting a long time but just now getting into large caliber (>5.56) bought 2 .308's and love it. Made some sturdy steel targets with round 18" 3/8's steel plates and made my first 600 yard shot this past weekend. It felt great!!

I finally joined because I am having some issues with ammo/accuracy that seem odd? I know the knowledge is here but not sure where to post? I will detail out my issue and maybe someone can point where to post it or to where it has already been answered. I tried to google and searched the forum for (Titles only) "ammo accuracy" found some info but not what I am looking for.

Shooting two rifles (Remington 700 16.5" and Savage FCPK 24") with ammo availability what it is I have been shooting anything I can get my hands on. PMC Bronze (147 gr) Remington and Winchester hunting ammo mostly in 150gr and am getting terrible groups. The PMC at 100 yds is up to 8"!! Then the others are around 3" - 4". I had two boxes of Silver State Armory 168 gr (never heard of them before) that shot .5 MOA, in the Remington (according to Ballistics AE app, thanks for that suggestion Sniper's Hide). And much better in the savage, didn't measure it exactly with Ballistics APP.

Is this typical? I know guns like certain ammo but two completely different rifles having similar tastes would infer that cheap ammo (some not that cheap) just shoots terribly...
Or is this a barrel twist issue and I'm a noob for shooting 150 gr bullets?

Thanks for your help.....