• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from Texas

navigation

Private
Minuteman
Sep 6, 2014
hello,
I am from Austin, and have become obsessed with bolt action rifles and their proper care and use. This looks like the place to hang out on the interwebs. I have been a forum member for 9 years on bladeforums and some gun related sites. I am a carpenter and knife maker/ bladesmith. My "church" is a little range south of Austin, and I head there every Sunday, to sit at the bench, and test my rifles. I currently own 2 varmint profile 308 SS rifles. A Savage short action stagger feed, with the top bolt release and a Remington VSSF. My other rifles include, but are not limited to, a Remington 700SS 243 and a Ruger M77 270. I spend most of my free time (which the kids manage to keep to a minimum) reading forums and books on shooting. I hope to stretch my marksmanship out to greater and greater distances. Right now though, I am mostly trying to put 5 shots through the same hole.. which is proving hard as hell to do consistently. Anyways.. don't look for me to offer any advice or comments for some time, I am a long time shooter and Army vet with not much experience on the long shot, just trying to learn and improve. Thanks ahead of time for any stupid questions being answered. Good luck and good shooting.
Gene P.