• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from the Chicago suburbs

coldnorth

Private
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2021
Chicagoland
howdy all,

I'm new-ish to shooting and brand new to the forums. I've owned various firearms for a few years (ever since I turned 21 a few years ago) now, though I definitely consider myself a novice. my parents were never into guns, so I never got the chance til after I moved out and was on my own. it's been a lot of fun learning all about firearms, how to shoot, and how to have a really good time doing it. I mostly own semi auto rifles, but have a few pistols and have had CCLs since I was 21.

I've lived all over the country my whole adult life (I go where work takes me) but consider North Dakota my home - I'm living in the Chicagoland area for work for the next year or so, and while the food is excellent and I've met a lot of great people, I can't wait to get back to Fargo and its wide open spaces.

anyhow, I joined the forum to absorb some know-how and talk with like minded people. I'm definitely looking forward to chatting with all of you fine folks and learning all I can about long range shooting; am excited to purchase a bolt action sometime soon and get out there. I'm looking at joining the Aurora Sportsmen's Club for those of you who are in the area, but am open to any suggestions for outdoor ranges within an hour and a half or so drive from the west suburbs.

see you on the forum and hopefully some of you at the range!

Look into the ISRA. Great ranges, albeit 300yd. max Range. If your not to far northwest.

Welcome! Quite a few of us here are members at ASC and it’s a great club. I’m relatively new to long range/firearms in general and I’ve learned quite a lot here!

Welcome!

You can't go wrong with either the ISRA range or Aurora Sportsman's Club. I used to be a member of ISRA and switched to ASC (ASC has a 600 yard range and is overall bigger than the ISRA range. ASC is actually in the process of adding even more ranges/bays).

I highly recommend participating in NRL22 and PRS. NRL22 is a cheap way to learn a lot of the skills that you'll need for PRS. Plus, the people are super friendly.

Anyways, welcome to the forum!

There is a NRL22 match tomorrow at ASC and a PRS match October 9th. You don’t have to be a member to shoot the matches it’s a good way to check out the club.

Welcome from the burbs as well. Aurora is a great range but I personally think it's expensive so am not a member. There aren't any real alternatives for long range within a few hours however. There's a lot of indoor pistol and rifle ranges in the area though.

Welcome ! From Eastern Washington ! Keep your head down.