• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello from the Land of Lincoln

DbblDeuce

Private
Minuteman
Jul 24, 2022
Illinois
Hello from Illinois

Have only recently been interested in shooting .22 rimfires at distance. I have a couple of bolt actions that I have been shooting off the bench at 50 and 100 yds, hoping to participate in some bench rest matches at my club. Prior to the rifle work, primarily shot trap and occasionally pistols and revolvers. recently retired so I finally have the time to improve my skills. Have already found some helpful information perusing the forum, so I thought it worthwhile to join.

Reactions: The D
Welcome from CO and a former hellinoisan. What area are you from?

I'm in the north east part of the state, more specifically in the Elburn area.
I’m from vaguely that area too, just outside the Rockford area

Welcome. I escaped IL nearly 22 years ago. I went to the Aurora range once with a friend who was a member. Nice place.

Marshall,

You probably visited the range when it was in Sugar Grove. That was a real nice facility and the club had a relatively small membership at the time. The club has since moved out to Waterman, about 20 minutes west, to a much larger area, and also a larger membership. The Sugar Grove facility was around 35 acres. At Waterman, we have 35+ acres in berms alone, with up to 600 yard ranges, and just about any shotgun game you want to play. The website is Aurorasc.org if you want to see what we have to offer

I do miss the Friday night trap shooting under the lights. It was a great way to unwind at the end of the work week.

Reactions: MarshallDodge
Welcome - hopefully I'll see you at the club.

I'm usually hanging out at the 50 and 600 yard bays with my 22 trying to get my dope

ASC does have NRL22 matches on monthly basis if you're interested..as well as small bore f class matches.

Last edited:
There is bunch of us that got into the whole Rimfire stuff - now we try to shoot matches together at the club and travel for other ones. I'll keep an eye out for that 457!