• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hello From the Left Coast

Jon Turner

Private
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2023
Southern California
Hello to all from the left coat.
A little about mineself:
I retired 3 years ago after 38 years as a journeyman machinist/ tool maker. I've got 40 + years trigger time behind the M1, 03-A3, and other milsurp rifles shooting mostly XTC and MR matches. I also used to shoot in a live-fire Civil War target club. I've been reloading for about 45 years as well. I bought my first-ever AR15 two years ago, I got tired of being beat before I ever got to the matches. I wanted to at least have a fighting chance. I'm still learning how to drive it, if you know what I mean. I hope to do some learnin' here, as well as contribute when I can.
I've got a pretty well-rounded education when it comes to firearms. My father, a WWII vet, got me interested in firearms at a very young age. Thanks, Dad.
Ok, I've rambled enough, I'll let you go.
Thanks for letting me aboard.

Jon

Last edited:
Sweet. I did that for nearly 20 years, started at 17. For the last few years have been primarily machining steel and aluminum, which is fun, but I like tool making better.