• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

hello from the VA / NC area

PlinkIt

GunNut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Minuteman
Mar 30, 2014
Virginia / North Carolina
Guess this should have been my first post LOL... but after getting signed up I was more worried about the few questions I had been wanting to throw out there for a while now to realize I should do this first.

thanks to all the guys on the forum who have been sharing the knowledge you have, it makes learning items a much more enjoyable thing to be able to talk to someone about the questions you still have.

hope I can be somewhat as helpful here as some of the guys that have posted have been towards helping solve some of my problems.. again thanks for the knowledge sharing!!

If your ever over my way, bring your rifle and come shoot with us. Got targets out to about 2 miles.

Also, PM sent.

Welcome to SN from Occupied Territory. Just passed thru your AO on my way to a match in NC a couple of weeks ago.

Welcome Derek from NC! Based on where you are located and done of your posts I'd be willing to bet Dan Newberry at Bangsteel in Wytheville would be able to help you. He is also a great resource for long range stuff. Welcome to SH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome Derek from NC! Based on where you are located and done of your posts I'd be willing to bet Dan Newberry at Bangsteel in Wytheville would be able to help you. He is also a great resource for long range stuff. Welcome to SH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks for the welcome!

and I will check them out next time I am over in the area.

The VA/NC border is famous for revenue generation, especially reckless for 20 over or 80mph (with speed limit of 70).

Was at the Tarheel 3 Gun challenge (Apex/Durham area), they run monthly matches and big events. They have 300-400 yard steel targets/flashers. Cavalier out of Richmond runs good matches, USPSA, 3G. ACADEMI (aka Blackwater out of Moyock. NC) use to run USPSA and IPDA, they stopped, not sure about long range matches.

Not sure about long range matches, looking at Peacemaker (just over WV border) and Quantico both have 1K ranges.

oh yea? we have any good matches here in the area? and be careful on the flybys they love making the "commonwealth" wealthy off of tickets around here!

The VA/NC border is famous for revenue generation, especially reckless for 20 over or 80mph (with speed limit of 70).

Was at the Tarheel 3 Gun challenge (Apex/Durham area), they run monthly matches and big events. They have 300-400 yard steel targets/flashers. Cavalier out of Richmond runs good matches, USPSA, 3G. ACADEMI (aka Blackwater out of Moyock. NC) use to run USPSA and IPDA, they stopped, not sure about long range matches.

Not sure about long range matches, looking at Peacemaker (just over WV border) and Quantico both have 1K ranges.

nice! I will have to keep tabs on this a little I would like to get out to a few matches but didn't really know where many were close by thanks!

I am always shooting in the fields with a few friends.. we haven't exactly become a organized group if you know what I mean...