• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Member Link Up HELLO FROM VIRGINIA

lilblkgun

Private
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2009
VIRGINIA
Not sure if this is the place to put this but i just joined your great forum and just wanted to say hi.Looking to learn alot and hope to meet some get people. i'm not a sniper but love to shoot and find out all i can to better myself at this great past time. thanks again.

Re: HELLO FROM VIRGINIA

If you have lots of groundhog hunting, good rifles,plenty of ammo and a pretty wife I can be your Virginia friend.

Welcome and remember Search is your friend.

Welcome, and +1 to what doc said. Ya know, it would be nice to have an "Old Dominion" get together sometime....

a VA outing. good idea. I am in the middle of DC and Richmond. Anyone else?

Welcome aboard bro!! Seems we are in about the same area I am just east of fredricksburg.

Give a yell!!

I'd be in for an Old Dominion get together.

I'm in northern Fauquier but spend a lot of time in the Fredericksburg area.

Welcome to the Hide <span style="font-weight: bold">lilblkgun</span>

If your down in southwest Va give me a shout maybe we can burn some lead together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If your down in southwest Va give me a shout maybe we can burn some lead together. </div></div>
Where in southwest Va are you located?
BTW welcome lilblkgun.

Ya know a Old Dominion shoot / gather could be a good thing.

Hey NOMAD, you think Vern might have an open weekend at his place for a gather? It's about as dead center as you can get.

Cheers,

Doc

When do you have in mind Doc?
Now that you are on rhe retirement wagon I guess you have tons of time to shoot.

I dunno was just tossing it out there, Tony talks to Vern more than I and may have access to something around there not generally available. Probably before deer season.

If you have something it would work too I can get to most of VA in 4 hrs or less from the very bottom corner. Your neck of the woods could draw the WV, NC & TN crowd also.

Not sure about the plenty of time to shoot thing JBW#3 and the boys have me humping and jumping trying to make a living and keep my job.

Cheers,

Doc

thanks to all for the warm welcome. i'm in the roanoke area. a outing would be great if the time is right. hell it is hard to get a hour to shoot now with honey do's and work but it sounds great thou! THANKS AGAIN!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About 30-40 minutes going north on 81. </div></div>
Well, that would put you somewhere between Pulaski and Christiansburg. Any good places to shoot up that way?

Probably not as good as in your area. I have a range on my uncles farm that we can shoot out to 300 yrds.

King George I am your neighbor LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Triple 6</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Probably not as good as in your area. I have a range on my uncles farm that we can shoot out to 300 yrds. </div></div> Well, got a place where I can get out to about 800 yds here. I just figured the further up I-81 you got that there might be some actual ranges.

Clark K and the guys that ran the Blueridge 3 gun have a 3 gun scheduled for OCT. I will try to get the dates, It will be in Wythville. great course We shot it in the spring as a test match. Will have to check on the long range

Nothing public except the range on 460 outside B'burg. Then there is Roanoke Rifle and Revolver Club, but it's a private club.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Clark K and the guys that ran the Blueridge 3 gun have a 3 gun scheduled for OCT. I will try to get the dates, It will be in Wythville. great course We shot it in the spring as a test match. Will have to check on the long range </div></div>
Some info on that would be great, I live about 12 miles from Wytheville.
Thanks.

Hey doc, Vern's place was the first thought that crossed my mind as well. Plenty of range, centrally located... sounds like a good time! Maybe we VA folk could work something out for later on in the year, like September or October timeframe. Be a little cooler plus give everybody plenty of notice as well. What do you guys think?

Gregg

RRR is open to the public for certain events.

Roanoke Rifle Club

Most all of the Matches are open to the public.

The Skeet field is open to the public during operating hours.

Sporting Clay Course is by appointment only ( I'm pretty sure).

I can bring a Guest a couple times a year per individual.

I am all for bringing a Hide Member over to shoot on the 500 yard range.

Central VA here, I've got a few long distance buddies that would like to attend a hide get together.

I've met Doc and Jon down in Caswell NC awhile back. After talking to these guys, I learned how little I know! Good group to learn from.

Welcome aboard lilblkgun. Lots of good info on here. Make sure and practice your search-fu before asking questions. It seems prefered you try and find it for yourself before asking. I highly recommend Lowlight and RO's online training course on here as well. My shooting has improved greatly since starting their course. I never knew how bad my form was
blush.gif
. Oh, I'm right near Harrisonburg, love to meet some of you guys if schedules permit. Always looking to learn more and shoot past 300 if possible.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome aboard bro!! Seems we are in about the same area I am just east of fredricksburg.

Give a yell!! </div></div>

Tony:
How about a get together at your range in King George?

The <span style="font-style: italic">government range that cannot be named on Sinper's Hide </span>is booked solid with matches untill some time in late fall....

Al

I'll be seeing NOMAD this weekend and there is a possibility of a detour coming home. I'll see what I can put together for central VA. No promises but I'll snif around.

Cheers,

Doc

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VSP968</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NOMAD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Welcome aboard bro!! Seems we are in about the same area I am just east of fredricksburg.

Give a yell!! </div></div>

Tony:
How about a get together at your range in King George?

The <span style="font-style: italic">government range that cannot be named on Sinper's Hide </span>is booked solid with matches untill some time in late fall....

Al </div></div>

Why can't it be mentioned? Did I miss something?

I'm kinda new here as well. Good site, lots of knowledgeable people and good information on rifles, shooting, reloading, etc.

I'm really close to some of you guys, I live in Saltville. I'm always up for shooting, when I'm not working. I mostly shoot on farms here in Saltville or Rich Valley. Been trying to get permission to groundhog hunt over around Thompson's Valley. Seems like a place where you could really stretch out.

I don't have any cool metal targets or a nice range, but if some of you close by want to get together and shoot, I always have plenty of fun shooting water-filled jugs set up at various ranges from ~600 to ~1000 yards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lineman711</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm kinda new here as well. Good site, lots of knowledgeable people and good information on rifles, shooting, reloading, etc.

I'm really close to some of you guys, I live in Saltville. I'm always up for shooting, when I'm not working. I mostly shoot on farms here in Saltville or Rich Valley. Been trying to get permission to groundhog hunt over around Thompson's Valley. Seems like a place where you could really stretch out.

I don't have any cool metal targets or a nice range, but if some of you close by want to get together and shoot, I always have plenty of fun shooting water-filled jugs set up at various ranges from ~600 to ~1000 yards. </div></div>

Saltville is not that far from me at all. Water filled jugs are always fun to shoot, but if you have a place to shoot out to a 1000 yds, I'd be happy to bring some targets down.

Welcome aboard lilblkgun it is a great site. I'm down here in Richmond. I'd be up for a get together with other Old Dominion members.

bshaw

If someone can secure a safe venue with LR opportunity, I'll bring steel for everyone to use.

We should get together and do some long range plinking. I am not far from you. (stafford) where do you shoot?

Anybody here a member at Cavalier rifle and pistol club? It's off the oilville exit on 64, just west of richmond. They just revamped the 500 yard range, and I just got a bolt gun this past year, and have yet to shoot it there. You do have to be a member to shoot there, except at the matches. Anyone interested in a meet up there?

Another one from Fredericksburg here! Would love to meet some fellow hide members for a shoot. I have limited access to a local range out to 500.

Always up for shooting!!

Hey everyone. Anyone here from the bristol area?? If there is give me a shout. New to the hide and shootin but i love it

Every 3rd Sunday of each month (unless he's tied up somewhere at an Appleseed) there's a guy who does a "mini-Appleseed" at Black Creek range in Mechanicsville, VA. Its no cost to the attendees. He gets there around 12 noon and waits till folks show up. You can't start shooting till 1 PM so they spend about an hour talking, signing release forms, discussing the targets, etc. and then the last few minutes putting up the backers and hauling gear to the firing line.

No obligations, stay or leave based on what you feel you're getting out of the time spent there.

Anyone interested, let me know and I'll try to PM him to see if he's going to be doing one in March. Oh yeah, its only 25 meters with targets sized to simulate the partial torso of a man at 100, 200, 300 and 400 yds. (the AQTs) and/or 1" squares for inital sight in, etc. Mostly prone, some sitting, some off hand.